Television? | Golden Skate

Television?

thumbyskates

Rinkside
Is this being aired at all on any mainstream channel? Like NBC?

I've flipped through the schedules on NBC and the other (Canadian) channels and can't find a thing.
I'm assuming USA won't give anyone airing rights and that they're airing it on some obscure American channel, yes?

Thought I'd double check before scouring my PVR just in case :)

jcoates

Medalist
As far as I can tell, it's only on NBC on Saturday b/c they are airing the Rugby World Cup final on Sunday. My DVR says it's on that day from 3-6 PM EST. Other coverage on TV is scheduled for Universal Sports. Sunday coverage included repeat coverage from 1:30-4:30 PM EST and live coverage from 4:30-7:30 PM EST. IN is covering the SPs live and early groups of the LP and FD on Sat and Sun and will have all events posted online as usual the following week.

bibi

On the Ice
Does anyone know where can we watch it live online if we live in Canada? thanks :)

AnnikinSolo

Rinkside
cbcsports.ca

I have not seen any figure skating schedules on there. I can get past geoblocking with the sophisticated subscription proxy I use to get geoblocked content on CBC sports, and have done so in the past, but there nothing shown for Skate America on the CBC site. I have a subscription to Universal's online coverage for the rest of the GP. Why Universal does not include online coverage of Skate America in their GP package is beyond me.

thumbyskates

Rinkside
It's definitely not on CBCsports.ca - not Skate America.

I seem to think that getting rights to SA is proving next to impossible - so silly!!!

Anyways, I can PVR the NBC stuff - thanks guys!!!!

JimboC518

Rinkside
CBC will broadcast Skate America..........so i will be watching that and the coverage on NBC as Universal sports is not covering it on there site again this year :(

ajjcanada

Rinkside
CBC's schedule is here: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/broadcast/

CBC has the rights to the non-Skate Canada ISU events, so they are covering Skate America. CTV has Skate Canada and Nationals, I believe, so finding things this year will be a flip back and forth between broadcasters.....At least they look like they'll all be covered.

Skate america schedule:
Sat Oct 22 - 3:00 PM - Championship Figure Skating on CBC: Grand Prix Skate America - Dance Short & Men's Free Programs
Sun Oct 23 - 2:00 PM - Championship Figure Skating on CBC: Grand Prix Skate America - Women's Short, Pairs Short, and Dance Free Programs

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Universal Sports will probably have it streaming on demand after the event, but you have to pay.

herios

Medalist
CBC's schedule is here: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/broadcast/

CBC has the rights to the non-Skate Canada ISU events, so they are covering Skate America. CTV has Skate Canada and Nationals, I believe, so finding things this year will be a flip back and forth between broadcasters.....At least they look like they'll all be covered.

Skate america schedule:
Sat Oct 22 - 3:00 PM - Championship Figure Skating on CBC: Grand Prix Skate America - Dance Short & Men's Free Programs
Sun Oct 23 - 2:00 PM - Championship Figure Skating on CBC: Grand Prix Skate America - Women's Short, Pairs Short, and Dance Free Programs

There are quite a few missing, the Men SP, Ladies and Pairs Free

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I downloaded SopCast which enables me to watch live TVs from different countries in the world. Haven't found the European network that broadcasts Eurosport yet but got sucked into CCTV's doggie sport competition. :p Interesting that the same training schedule for human is similarly applied to the dogs. i.e. intense training to peak 10 days before and decrease it and stop traininging all together 3 days before competion. etc.

OK I better get back to channel hunting. You can download SopCast from their website. I got mine from Cnet.

BTW, given a choice from languages you don't understand, I recommend Chinese CCTV5 because they don't talk during the performances.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
Back to annoying times with the CBC....( but not as annoying as when they used to show things a month later..:)) 12:30 AM Monday ( pacific) , they'll show the pairs and women's free skate. I can't find any mention of the men's SP.
Maybe they think we don't care because Canada has no entry..????

herios

Medalist
Back to annoying times with the CBC....( but not as annoying as when they used to show things a month later..:)) 12:30 AM Monday ( pacific) , they'll show the pairs and women's free skate. I can't find any mention of the men's SP.
Maybe they think we don't care because Canada has no entry..????

Thanks, more than nothing