Rotisserie Recipes? | Golden Skate

Rotisserie Recipes?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I finally gave in and bought one and am hoping my chicken tastes like the ones I've always bought "rotisseried".

I'm wide open for any and all recipes, comments, warnings, etc for you Rotisserie pros out there!

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Paula, what kind did you get? I have one on my gas grill that I use for leg of lamb. I have never cooked chicken that way though. My sister has one of Ron Popiel's that she does chicken on. She just brushes her's with canola oil or butter and adds salt and pepper (she is not an adventurous cook) I do use a verrtical roaster for chicken that I love ...thank goodness for self cleaning ovens as it does tend to splatter. I would suggest extra virgin olive oil, kosher or sea salt, course ground black pepper and whatever herbs that you like. I am partial to lemon, garlic and rosemary. for chicken and lamb. Also you might try a dry rub like used on ribs andf finish with a basting of BBQ sauce the last minutes so that it doesn't burn. Good luck! OK, now I'm hungry.

BTW, what happened to your Jack avatar?

Piel

Last edited:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I used it yesterday on Chicken and it came out fairly well but a tad dry. I think I overcooked it. It was a whole 4 1/2 lb chicken and I put it on an hour in a half.

The kind I bought is a Compact Showtime.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Paula you may want to try brining. It's soaking the chicken in a salt solution for a period of time before cooking. It guarantees juiciness and doesn't make it too salty( like it sounds ). Check out the Food Network's website for details and instructions. Showtime is Ron Popiel's like my sister's. Dryness usually indicates over cooking. Some people put butter, plain or herbed under the skin of the breast to help keep it moist. Not an option if you're trying to controll fat though. Another option would be to marinate or inject with chicken broth or white wine.

Piel