Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Skate America Short Dance

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Great, half of Meryl & Charlie's dance wiped out.
    Do you know what the heck happened? The screen at the latter half of D/W's dance was wiped out by "universal studio, rugby world something." It annoyed the heck out of me. What's the point of paying annual fee if we can't watch the highlight of the night? The headliners? I'm mad!!
    Last edited by CARA; 10-22-2011 at 12:02 AM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Protocols
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp..._SD_Scores.pdf

There is supposed to be some dance on Universal Sports tomorrow. I expect they swooped in and asserted their rights. However, I expect to see Meryl & Charlie's dance put up on demand later in the week on IN.

But I am still annoyed as heck. I would have slept, if I knew they were going to do this.

Custom Title
    Guess I saved the angst by not watching Paul/Islam implode and the headlining World champs being disrespected.

Custom Title
    Ice Dance - Short Dance Result Details

Pl. Name Nation TSS =TES +PCS +SS TR PE CC IT Ded. -StN.
    1 Meryl DAVIS / Charlie WHITE USA 70.33 34.14 36.19 9.18 8.89 9.00 9.21 8.96 0.00 #8
    2 Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT FRA 61.07 29.51 31.56 7.89 7.75 7.71 8.25 7.82 0.00 #7
    3 Nelli ZHIGANSHINA / Alexander GAZSI GER 55.66 29.14 26.52 6.57 6.36 6.75 6.71 6.71 0.00 #6
    4 Kharis RALPH / Asher HILL CAN 52.68 27.79 24.89 6.25 6.00 6.29 6.25 6.29 0.00 #5
    5 Isabella TOBIAS / Deividas STAGNIUNAS LTU 51.83 28.14 23.69 5.96 5.57 5.96 6.11 5.96 0.00 #3
    6 Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE USA 49.71 24.65 25.06 6.32 5.96 6.25 6.36 6.36 0.00 #1
    7 Isabella CANNUSCIO / Ian LORELLO USA 42.05 21.43 21.62 5.43 5.18 5.43 5.57 5.39 1.00 #2
    8 Alexandra PAUL / Mitchell ISLAM CAN 37.50 19.57 20.93 4.96 5.14 5.00 5.68 5.32 3.00 #4

Custom Title
    Can IN get through ONE event without a serious technical glitch? It's embarassing. Seriously, I'm majorly PO'd. Time for an irritated email to customer support considering I just shelled out the subscription fee this afternoon. Grrr.

Of what I saw of D/W this program is a pleasant turn of events. They clearly worked on their latin timing over the summer. Seemed a more natural fit for them compared to the other teams.

Hubbell and Donahue are showing definite early promise. I'm encouraged by them.

Too bad about Paul/Islam's falls and Fabian's silly errors. Still, I love that he and Natalie are using Mas Que Nada (one of my favorite samba pieces). Nice to see that some of these latin programs seem better choreographed than others we've seen. The Russians have a long way to go if they have not made changes to the programs we saw at the test skates.

Custom Title
    I'm really glad that people seem to like the structure of P/I's program. As much as I would have loved to see them skate well, it's really nationals that these two have to be on top of their game for. At least, if the program is good, they should be able to impress there. Really like her dress, too. Not at all what I was expecting.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Protocols

There is supposed to be some dance on Universal Sports tomorrow. I expect they swooped in and asserted their rights. However, I expect to see Meryl & Charlie's dance put up on demand later in the week on IN.

But I am still annoyed as heck. I would have slept, if I knew they were going to do this.
    I agree. IN should have informed us that this would happen.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CARA View Post
    I agree. IN should have informed us that this would happen.
    Correct. They advertised nothing in their listed streaming schedule about any possible embargos. Plus having Meryl and Charlie's pics and interviews plastered on the homepage for weeks did nothing to suggest we should expect this. What a rip off.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoates View Post
    Correct. They advertised nothing in their listed streaming schedule about any possible embargos. Plus having Meryl and Charlie's pics and interviews plastered on the homepage for weeks did nothing to suggest we should expect this. What a rip off.
    I'm going to write an e-mail complaining about this incident to IN. It's the principle of thing to me.

Custom Title
    CARA, if you have a twitter acct, you might want to use that as well. Just sent a tweet complaining. Then checked for others. Angry tweets are flying fast and furious. They can ignore that kind of public, collective anger. I expect a response eventually.

Custom Title
    Lynn Rutherford is tweeting that Fabian has a bad case of bronchitis, pretty sick in press conf. Still planning to skate FD.

Custom Title
    CARA, if you have a twitter acct, you might want to use that as well. Just sent a tweet complaining. Then checked for others. Angry tweets are flying fast and furious. They can ignore that kind of public, collective anger. I expect a response eventually.
    Thanks, I don't have a twitter account, but I just finished sending "an angry e-mail."

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    I'm really glad that people seem to like the structure of P/I's program. As much as I would have loved to see them skate well, it's really nationals that these two have to be on top of their game for. At least, if the program is good, they should be able to impress there. Really like her dress, too. Not at all what I was expecting.
    Beaten by R/H by 15 points? That is a pathetic score.

Custom Title
    Lynn Rutherford is tweeting that Fabian has a bad case of bronchitis, pretty sick in press conf. Still planning to skate FD.
    That is too bad, especially considering that they have Skate Canada next week. It can take weeks to completely recover from bronchitis.

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Protocols

So? Not everyone in the world has access to Universal Sports telelvision. Its ridiculous to say the least. I'm thinking of calling tommorrow and demanding my money back. And going to Universal Sports for the rest of the GP.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast