Skate America Short Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Skate America Short Dance

skatingfan04

Final Flight
I'm really glad that people seem to like the structure of P/I's program. As much as I would have loved to see them skate well, it's really nationals that these two have to be on top of their game for. At least, if the program is good, they should be able to impress there. Really like her dress, too. Not at all what I was expecting.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States

jcoates

Medalist
I agree. IN should have informed us that this would happen.

Correct. They advertised nothing in their listed streaming schedule about any possible embargos. Plus having Meryl and Charlie's pics and interviews plastered on the homepage for weeks did nothing to suggest we should expect this. What a rip off.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Correct. They advertised nothing in their listed streaming schedule about any possible embargos. Plus having Meryl and Charlie's pics and interviews plastered on the homepage for weeks did nothing to suggest we should expect this. What a rip off.

:yes: :yes: I'm going to write an e-mail complaining about this incident to IN. It's the principle of thing to me.

jcoates

Medalist
CARA, if you have a twitter acct, you might want to use that as well. Just sent a tweet complaining. Then checked for others. Angry tweets are flying fast and furious. They can ignore that kind of public, collective anger. I expect a response eventually.

jcoates

Medalist
Lynn Rutherford is tweeting that Fabian has a bad case of bronchitis, pretty sick in press conf. Still planning to skate FD.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
CARA, if you have a twitter acct, you might want to use that as well. Just sent a tweet complaining. Then checked for others. Angry tweets are flying fast and furious. They can ignore that kind of public, collective anger. I expect a response eventually.

Thanks, I don't have a twitter account, but I just finished sending "an angry e-mail."

herios

Medalist
I'm really glad that people seem to like the structure of P/I's program. As much as I would have loved to see them skate well, it's really nationals that these two have to be on top of their game for. At least, if the program is good, they should be able to impress there. Really like her dress, too. Not at all what I was expecting.

Beaten by R/H by 15 points? That is a pathetic score.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lynn Rutherford is tweeting that Fabian has a bad case of bronchitis, pretty sick in press conf. Still planning to skate FD.

That is too bad, especially considering that they have Skate Canada next week. It can take weeks to completely recover from bronchitis.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Protocols
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpusa2011/gpusa2011_IceDance_SD_Scores.pdf

There is supposed to be some dance on Universal Sports tomorrow. I expect they swooped in and asserted their rights. However, I expect to see Meryl & Charlie's dance put up on demand later in the week on IN.

But I am still annoyed as heck. I would have slept, if I knew they were going to do this.

So? Not everyone in the world has access to Universal Sports telelvision. Its ridiculous to say the least. I'm thinking of calling tommorrow and demanding my money back. And going to Universal Sports for the rest of the GP.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Paul fell during their SP at Octoberfest, which was held at the last weekend, too. I just hope she is completely recovered from whatever injury she had incurred during the summer and bounce back from unfortunate SP today. She kind of looked fragile and unwell, granted you would be really unhappy after a disastrous performance.

I do, however, like aspects of their program; it has a lot of potential when they can skate cleanly.

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

No, that's not true. P/I have NHK in 3 weeks. They had better not have another noticeably flawed performance, or their international reputation will be in shreds. Personally, I found their program rather boring as there wasn't much contrast between the different sections.

jcoates

Medalist
IN has tweeted an apology for the glitch. Both events from tonight are now posted. Surprised they actually did something about it tonight.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I just watched the whole of Meryl & Charlie's dance on IN-I'm surprised that IN got the on demand footage fixed this fast!

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Watched the top two

P/B: Firstly, they are quite lucky they didn't get a fall deduction. I found that dance a little too busy for my tastes. The expression wasn't all that good. This dance won't convert me, but kudos to Fabian for fighting through bronchitis. I really hope TEB is the other event they had scoring towards the GPF, otherwise.... ouch.

D/W: Meryl looks GORGEOUS. I mean, she's a stunningly beautiful person, but that color is absolutely amazing. re: the dance - talk about not resting on one's laurels! They've clearly worked on expression and natural movement. I thought Charlie was okay in this department, but Meryl's definitely got some va-va-voom going on. That was a great kickstart for the season.