Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Skate America Short Dance

Custom Title
    Paul fell during their SP at Octoberfest, which was held at the last weekend, too. I just hope she is completely recovered from whatever injury she had incurred during the summer and bounce back from unfortunate SP today. She kind of looked fragile and unwell, granted you would be really unhappy after a disastrous performance.

I do, however, like aspects of their program; it has a lot of potential when they can skate cleanly.
    Last edited by CARA; 10-22-2011 at 12:57 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    I'm really glad that people seem to like the structure of P/I's program. As much as I would have loved to see them skate well, it's really nationals that these two have to be on top of their game for. At least, if the program is good, they should be able to impress there. Really like her dress, too. Not at all what I was expecting.
    No, that's not true. P/I have NHK in 3 weeks. They had better not have another noticeably flawed performance, or their international reputation will be in shreds. Personally, I found their program rather boring as there wasn't much contrast between the different sections.

Custom Title
    IN has tweeted an apology for the glitch. Both events from tonight are now posted. Surprised they actually did something about it tonight.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoates View Post
    IN has tweeted an apology for the glitch. Both events from tonight are now posted. Surprised they actually did something about it tonight.
    Thanks. It's good to know.

Custom Title
    just jump in to say, too happy for Niganshina-Gazsi!!!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I just watched the whole of Meryl & Charlie's dance on IN-I'm surprised that IN got the on demand footage fixed this fast!

Custom Title
    Watched the top two

P/B: Firstly, they are quite lucky they didn't get a fall deduction. I found that dance a little too busy for my tastes. The expression wasn't all that good. This dance won't convert me, but kudos to Fabian for fighting through bronchitis. I really hope TEB is the other event they had scoring towards the GPF, otherwise.... ouch.

D/W: Meryl looks GORGEOUS. I mean, she's a stunningly beautiful person, but that color is absolutely amazing. re: the dance - talk about not resting on one's laurels! They've clearly worked on expression and natural movement. I thought Charlie was okay in this department, but Meryl's definitely got some va-va-voom going on. That was a great kickstart for the season.

Custom Title
    P/B did have the deduction applied afterwards. Maybe it was just an inputting error.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx5AfRfSGbQ

Meryl and Charlie without any interruption. Loved their SD.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx5AfRfSGbQ

Meryl and Charlie without any interruption. Loved their SD.
    Thanks for posting. Meryl is fine, Charlie is not so much he needs to work more on the latin swagger.

I thought both Isabella & Deividas and Nelli & Alexander should have been closer to P&B. I really enjoyed both their dances, as well as D&W's.

All the dances are on youtube now.

Awaiting Boris and Oleg
    Wow, just a quick observation that Meryl just looks more stunning every year! Loved the color of her dress on her, definitely, like IP said. But is she getting ever more toned? She just looks fantastic.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Thanks for posting the youtube of D/W which was so rudely interrupted last night.

I'm not as enthusiastic as others. They look good, the skating is close to perfect, but there is none of the sizzle that (IMO) should be in Latin dancing. Meryl seems to look through Charlie or over his shoulder and they both seem to be performing outward (to the judges) rather than to each other. Duh, it's a competition. Still, it's not especially fun to watch, even if it's highly instructive. JMO. And their costumes don't go together, IMO. They're dressed as if they're going to different parties.

I do like D/W but it's been a while since I loved them (Bollywood).

Well, I did like D&W's SD quite a lot--they just need to work on it a bit more. I particularly liked the way the rhumba was incorporated into the choreography and the little touches they gave to it to make it more authentic and interesting. Charlie looked a little tight in the warmup and throughout the dance-as he often does on the first showing of a program, particularly in the SD.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the dance develops.

All the SD's may be viewed here:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sprsumm#p/u

Apparently, Nathalie & Fabian's outfits look better viewed live, but on TV the olive, and chartreuse with bright blue accents just looks However, the intent for them is samba, in which case the costumes bother me because they are too restrained, but the color is OK

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast