Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Men's FS

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tinymavy15 View Post
    despite the falls...beautiful program from taka. If that is ever skated clean it will be magic.
    ita...

whoaa how about Brezina blaming his coaches on air. ouch!
    Yeah not sure how I feel about him telling them even though I may feel that way deep down.

Custom Title
    Kozuka's program is going to be beautiful. Brezina's program is not good...too close of PCS to Kozuka's in my opinion, the only thing that he was close in was PE in my opinion.

Custom Title
    I'm used to see a skater win an event by coming in second in both programs but Taka just got handed a bronze for 2/2. Poor guy didn't get the suual break.

Custom Title
    So far this has been an underwhelming men's FS competition. All those splatfests really prevent me from enjoying each skater's program as a whole.

I think I enjoyed the first two competitors NBC didn't broadcast (Contesti & Razzano) the best. I saw them at IN; they skated with passion and enthusiasm, and they skated clean!

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Brezina was right to blame his coaches, it was a poor decision to have him back off, unless he's injured. And just awful program for a skater of his skills.

Awful, sloppy skating all around. Let's chalk it up to this being the first comp of the season.

I like Terry being more assertive with his opinion and factoids on figure skating, whereas in seasons past he'd play the ingenue a bit more when really, a lot of times, he's more right than the skating veterans commentating with him.

That's one of the problems with the CoP. If you get ahead in the SP, you can coast in the finale and still win.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I m thrilled, first time I m watching gp series on real tv since ever and legally and it is even enlish eurosport. So nice! I m so smiling KVDP medaled. Kozu s program is a poem despite the jumps, the music and his steps were , i m glad I watched it in 32 inces.
    Brezina sp is much better than his Lp, and the lp music version and costume are bizarre..
    i missed rest skaters..time difference!
    Last edited by seniorita; 10-22-2011 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    Brezina was right to blame his coaches, it was a poor decision to have him back off, unless he's injured. And just awful program for a skater of his skills.
    I liked Scott and Sandra's points at the end. "We're ready. We're ready. We're ready. CHANGE EVERYTHING!" (Scott) "To have your skater change their program and play it safe gives the feeling of no confidence in that skater and their abilities." (Sandra) SO TRUE!

And I think Scott really nailed it with the whole Evan thing. It's how I feel about the whole thing. I'm torn.
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 10-22-2011 at 03:26 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    That's one of the problems with the CoP. If you get ahead in the SP, you can coast in the finale and still win.
    Only if you are way ahead and the others forfeit their chances.

There is one huge problem with 6.0. When you're behind in the Technical Program by 3 places, no matter the margin, it's almost impossible to win even with an overwhelmingly superior Free Skate.
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 10-22-2011 at 03:32 PM.

Under the ordinal system, a skater who skates vastly better than his competitors in the SP has no advantage over one who is just barely better. That never seemed very fair to me. I much prefer the COP where clobbering your opponents in points is never a waste.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    And I think Scott really nailed it with the whole Evan thing. It's how I feel about the whole thing. I'm torn.
    what did he say about evan and sa?

I m watchin amodio now, oh dear..

Custom Title
    I can't believe it but I'm agreeing with Scott and I know he didn't want to burn bridges by saying to much.

Scott's talking to Evan and he's basically telling him to just look to his twitter response...weird.

Oh Evan, if you don't go away how are we ever going to miss you?

On the Ice
    I would never guess that my first post will be like this, but YAY for Kevin) It makes me sad that in skating you're considered a veteran at 25..so nice to see someone doing well even later

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Only if you are way ahead and the others forfeit their chances.

There is one huge problem with 6.0. When you're behind in the Technical Program by 3 places, no matter the margin, it's almost impossible to win even with an overwhelmingly superior Free Skate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    Under the ordinal system, a skater who skates vastly better than his competitors in the SP has no advantage over one who is just barely better. That never seemed very fair to me. I much prefer the COP where clobbering your opponents in points is never a waste.
    I look at it from the point of view of the spectator. No one is going top watch a yawner like this where the only "drama" is whether the leader is so awful that the other guy wins, or whether he is just moderately awful and squeaks out a prize in spite of himself.

I like the model of the semi-finales (SP), with the best going toe to toe in the finals (LP). The CoP model is like the first half of the football game, then the second half.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast