Pairs' Short Program | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Pairs' Short Program

gold12345

Medalist
Of course Marley/Brubaker skated with more joy than Denney/Coughlin... They were skating to Singing in the Rain and were in character. Of course they skated faster and with more ease-- It's much easier to get through a level 1 step sequence than it is to get through the level 4 step sequence that D/C were doing. The higher level step sequences for pairs almost always look labored, but they are point-getters. Marley/Brubaker had errors on the throw and twist that were bigger than Denney/Coughlin's errors, and also had lower levels on several elements. It's not really that hard to see why D/C came out ahead when you look at the protocols.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
We all want our favorites to win, but what I want for my favorites more is to skate well and then be judged fairly, and to be happy with their result. They do not have to win to make me happy. Of course, when they do win, I'm ecstatic.

When you include a category for "make me happy" or "skate with joy", things become way too subjective to be fair.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
We all want our favorites to win, but what I want for my favorites more is to skate well and then be judged fairly, and to be happy with their result. They do not have to win to make me happy. Of course, when they do win, I'm ecstatic.

When you include a category for "make me happy" or "skate with joy", things become way too subjective to be fair.

what she said. :rock: