Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Ladies - Short Program

For me

1. Alissa
    2. Haruka
    3. Caroline
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGDsb...hannel&list=UL

Haruka just skated one of the most beautiful SP's I've ever seen and so did Alissa!

I love the lyrical style of Haruka, reminds me of Michelle Kwan.

So i left the feed on, theres something about V/T on now, lol

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    Thanks for the link. That particular "La Vie en Rose" starts out with music from "Sabrina" - the Harrison Ford, Julia Ormond version. I like the role for Alissa. She has Audrey Hepburn's looks (particularly the neck) and Julia Ormond's reserved charm.
    Heh. Alissa has skated to Sabrina before, back in 2006-2007. I liked her Sabrina program very much.

Her new SP is a perfect fit for her, too, and the step sequence was particularly well-choreographed.

Custom Title

Custom Title
    Protocols

Czisny: Edge call on the flip (-1 and -2s), level fours on all spins with insane GOEs to match.
    Kostner: Lost on GOEs compared to Czisny. Her jumps got her more points, but Czisny devoured her on spins
    Zhang: NO URs or DGs!!!!!
    Imai: Ur'ed the 2A, would've been third otherwise
    Makarova: Got hit hard. Ur'ed the loop combo, and because it was with a single toe, mandatory -3's.
    Marchei/Gedevanishvili: Ditto

Recalling: Rules are a solo triple out of steps and a triple triple/double combo. If you don't do either of those things, mandatory -3 GOE. The only benefit to adding the double toe to the double jump (like Gedevanishvili did) or a single toe to the triple (a la Makarova) is to boost up the base value.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylee View Post
    Heh. Alissa has skated to Sabrina before, back in 2006-2007. I liked her Sabrina program very much.

Her new SP is a perfect fit for her, too, and the step sequence was particularly well-choreographed.
    Wasn't it just lovely?

Tripping on the Podium essiejane's Avatar
    Has anyone found Caroline Zhang's program on youtube yet?

^^For some reason Caroline Z program has not been uploaded. Strange all of the other ladies are up.

Caro's program was lovely. A few bobbles and I believe she finished after the music, but overall I thought it was great.

Quote Originally Posted by essiejane View Post
    Has anyone found Caroline Zhang's program on youtube yet?
    No, the user who uploaded all the other videos seems to have skipped over Caroline or left it out somehow.. =(

Tripping on the Podium essiejane's Avatar
    Oh well, it was nice to see all the others. I'll just have to wait a bit longer to see Caroline's.

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Alissa was lovely but definitely overscored...that flip got an edge call but it should have got a UR call as well.

Carolina was a little off but she held it together. Funny how that color yellow isn't as much of an eyesore on her as it is on Rachael...I think Carolina has a better skin tone for it...

So proud of Caroline! Surprisingly big jumps and better speed. I really hope she has a good performance tomorrow.

Haruka was gorgeous! I'm quickly falling in love with this girl. That program is so beautiful! The judges hammered her a bit (edge call on lutz and UR on 2a) but that was a solid performance and she's within striking distance for a medal.

Elene and Ksenia had meltdowns...shame.

It's going to be interesting to see if Alissa can hold it together tomorrow.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Protocols

Czisny: Edge call on the flip (-1 and -2s), level fours on all spins with insane GOEs to match.
    Kostner: Lost on GOEs compared to Czisny. Her jumps got her more points, but Czisny devoured her on spins
    Zhang: NO URs or DGs!!!!!
    Imai: Ur'ed the 2A, would've been third otherwise
    Makarova: Got hit hard. Ur'ed the loop combo, and because it was with a single toe, mandatory -3's.
    Marchei/Gedevanishvili: Ditto

Recalling: Rules are a solo triple out of steps and a triple triple/double combo. If you don't do either of those things, mandatory -3 GOE. The only benefit to adding the double toe to the double jump (like Gedevanishvili did) or a single toe to the triple (a la Makarova) is to boost up the base value.
    I'm wondering why the negatives on Imai's loop? It was quite good!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    People, you really need to stop doubting Alissa. She's improving her jump technique. She's upping her technical game. She's bringing back the salchow. She's conquering her nerves. She's fine. She's awesome, she's graceful and lovely and will win worlds.
    I love what you said.

Custom Title
    Caroline SP, bad quality tho
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWg63tysTdY

Quote Originally Posted by LeCygne View Post
    No, the user who uploaded all the other videos seems to have skipped over Caroline or left it out somehow.. =(

Custom Title
    I understand Caroline goes for 3Lo-3Lo after seeing the huge one on SP!!

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast