Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: Ladies - Short Program

Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    hi, where is everyone watching this? i dont have universal...is there skating on now? 3;30 EST thank you people!
    the SP is being rebroadcast by universal right now which is how I think folks are watching it at the moment. in about a half hour (I think) the LPs begin (for pairs?)

and can someone PLEASE tell Tracy she's mispronouncing Alyssa's name? (then again in 30 years she can't get Boitano right so why should I expect change for Alyssa's? )

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    hi, where is everyone watching this? i dont have universal...is there skating on now? 3;30 EST thank you people!
    Here is the schedule: http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpusa2011/
    It is in Ontario, California, which means it's 3 hours behind EST.

Also, almost all the short programs are up on Youtube.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Alissa's SP was deliriously beautiful. Serene and euphoric. I love the gentle bits of flirtations in the program, too. It might be my favorite program of hers. Also, I question the e call on her flip. In the slow motion zoom on her feet, it didn't seem like she hit an outside edge at any moment, and the tracing on the ice shows no outward curve at all.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    Alissa's SP was deliriously beautiful. Serene and euphoric. I love the gentle bits of flirtations in the program, too. It might be my favorite program of hers. Also, I question the e call on her flip. In the slow motion zoom on her feet, it didn't seem like she hit an outside edge at any moment, and the tracing on the ice shows no outward curve at all.
    I do think it was UR, though -- and if you listen closely during the slo mo close up replay of the flip, you hear Alissa herself going "ay ay ay" in disapproval...

thank you Tonichelle-how much is universal?

I wonder how much in us dollars and if its worth it. i go to the website for universal and they don't even let you see the olympic skate of 2010. I want tosee Evans and plushy again and they are "premium.' Don't know why many are not on Youtube. Yuna is on youtube so shouldn't all the past 2010 olympians be there? i guess I'll watch the youtubes shorts.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I liked everything about Carolina except her costume! But I was thrilled to see Caroline Zhang stage a real comeback. I that kind of story.

Yes, hooray for Caroline! I am totally impressed. I could never get my hopes up for her but they are now. Did she seem faster to everyone? It seemed to me like she has improved her speed. She looked far more sure of herself and happy out there than I've seen her in ages. Nice smile throughout the program.

It was wonderful to see Alissa, Caroline and Carolina do well in their first competition. They are all three such lovely skaters and have all struggled so much in the past few years.

I thought Alissa looked the most polished yesterday, although it's a pity she is still getting that edge call on her flip. Her spins looked to me better than ever. Also, I know people say Alissa always looks tense but I actually thought her smile looked more genuine this time. I think she just loves that music and the program. I'm nervous for Alissa going for that triple triple tonight but good luck to her and to all the other skaters. I hope Caroline stays on the podium. It'll be interesting to see how she can keep up the speed in the long.

Looking back, for all the consistency problems that Alissa and Carolina have had, and injuries in Carolina's case, they are at least lucky that they didn't go through drastic body changes like Caroline and others.

I'm watching Universal on TV. I don't pay for any of the live feeds online. Universal is on Direct TV for sure, but may not be a part of dish or cable providers much longer (they just did an ad about it which is how I know). Mine's actually a local channel (channel 5.2 and 5.3 lol). So I honestly don't know what the cost is to add it to a package from a provider.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    I do think it was UR, though -- and if you listen closely during the slo mo close up replay of the flip, you hear Alissa herself going "ay ay ay" in disapproval...
    lol, I think you're right. I only paid attention to the jump takeoff, as I'd read the protocols before watching it and was looking for the e call. Now that I look at the landing, it does look just a tad short of a quarter to a full backwards landing. I guess she's lucky she escaped a costlier call.

On another note, wow at Caroline Zhang's SP performance. So much improvement in lots of areas. Much better speed and power, far better jumps (although the double axel is as awful as ever). Her flexibility isn't what it used to be, but she is a better skater overall.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    I LOVE how unusual Kostner's SP is! Brilliantly complicated footwork as usual and unique body movement, shapes, and music and interpretation. She is stunning and statuesque! Beautiful!

I agree that Czisny never looked better than in her new SP! To see her skate with a knowing confidence is delicious! I don't think her jumps have ever looked stronger! Lovely!

I totally agree with their placements as 1 and 2 and these two are my favorite ladies currently competing on the senior level.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 10-23-2011 at 03:16 PM.

Custom Title
    I usually don't like Kostner, but I have to say, I liked the music, the overall program and the costume. If skated clean, this SP will rock!

Custom Title
    Alissa Czisny skating to La Vie en Rose: it doesn't get any better than that.

Just to add this for those who don't have Universal Sports on TV: Universal Sports online has tended in the past to show repeats a lot without charge, so you can catch what you miss later on.
    Last edited by Dodhiyel; 10-23-2011 at 04:53 PM.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Eurosport showed the two top ladies sp in the break, I thought Carolina's program is unsual and very interesting, I really enjoyed it. Alissa 's program is nice and her dress is one of the best I ve seen, but I feel like she skates to this kind of program since ever.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15