Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: LADIES LONG PROGRAM Thread

Custom Title
    Wow...how do you get 5th place in the short and long but still get a bronze. That's still weird to me.

I like how everyone was like "Alissa's tech was harder" and then Alissa won this on PCS, including a quarter point more on skating skills (which is questionable in my opinion).

Czisny had -GOE on every jumping pass except the last one. When Carolina won/placed well with such messy jumps in the past, the outcry was huge.
    Last edited by Medusa; 10-23-2011 at 06:27 PM.

Medalist
    One thing that really confuses me is that Czisny got higher marks for transitions than Kostner. Uhm, what?

Custom Title
    Right, Medusa, but if she had done easier tech, she wouldn't have had the same cushion.

Make no mistake, I think Carolina should've won. The difference in the short programs shouldn't have been as large, and she definitely should've won the free skate.

The ladies, as a whole, were uninspiring tonight. Alissa and Carolina were the bright spots.

Custom Title
    Who would have though that Alissa would become a fighter like this? Before if she fell you knew she's fall a couple more times. Now she fights for every landing. I saw Mirai in the crowd i hope she saw that just because you make a mistake early you don't collapse but continue to fight on.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gold12345 View Post
    Wow, not expecting Alissa to win that one.

neither was I. what a statement. When was the last time an American Lady actually won Skate America?

Custom Title
    How bizarre, with Alissa turning in a performance filled with jump errors and Kostner being very clean.

I would've given Kostner higher components than Alissa. I thought her program had the edge in every category (transitions, choreography), better SS, and I liked her interpretation better too (Alissa's SP is beautiful, this LP is a snooze).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    neither was I. what a statement. When was the last time an American Lady actually won Skate America?
    2007, Kimmie Meissner.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    I wish both Alissa and Carolina could have won a gold medal; they both deserve one at this event! I hope to see both of them finish 1 and 2 in any order at the Worlds as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    For Ladies? 2007. (Kimmie Meissner)

For Americans in general not including this year? Last year.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I like how everyone was like "Alissa's tech was harder" and then Alissa won this on PCS, including a quarter point more on skating skills (which is questionable in my opinion).
    Every point counted. If Alissa had backed off even a little bit in the jumps, she wouldn't have won had she made all the same mistakes.

Of course, by backing off, she could've avoided some of the risks. If she did a standard 3lutz/2toe she probably could've scored several points higher even with a mistake, because getting a << on that 3toe was costly.

I do agree though that the PCS was wonky. Kostner should've scored higher on several of the PCS, notably Skating Skills, than Alissa did.

Custom Title
    Looking at the protocol, it's strange to see that much + GOE on Kostner's sheet. Unusual haha

The last two spins were only level 1. That was her problem.

Custom Title
    I like Alissa and Carolina, and I'm glad they both performed well here. Kostner wasn't as strong in the sp, and I think Alissa's PCS should be the best of the ladies' field this season -- she is that good with all her elements, and her jumps have improved mightily. This is a great boost for Alissa's confidence. She did fight for that performance, and she looks so good physically and mentally out there. Hope Alissa continues to gain strength and confidence throughout the season. I think Alissa's great artistry has set a standard that all the ladies are trying to follow.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    Wow...how do you get 5th place in the short and long but still get a bronze. That's still weird to me.
    Well, Mao won 2010 Worlds with 2/2 and Kozuka just got his Bronze with 2/2 also.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Unfriendy ice but friendy judges?

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast