Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: LADIES LONG PROGRAM Thread

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Alissa won this on PCS, including a quarter point more on skating skills (which is questionable in my opinion).

Czisny had -GOE on every jumping pass except the last one. When Carolina won/placed well with such messy jumps in the past, the outcry was huge.
    I agree; you make very valid points!

Medalist
    Watching the last two programs after that heavy, labored and slow skate by Zhang (please retire already!) was like drinking a fine wine after a wine cooler.
    I don't find her famed flexibility aesthetically appealing either, not to mention the falls. But the last two programs were pure joy to see! Although I personally prefer Mozart and Kostner's program to his music to the rather
    bland (imho) Sibelius and Alissa's interpretation, both were lovely and in a completely higher stratosphere than all the other skaters. Good job to both!

Custom Title
    I'm so happy for both Alyssa and Carolina. they both are just improving and improving - Carolina's skate was just beautiful. If she can add in more jumps this will be amazing. That Alissa held it together and went for it all makes me so, so happy. I'm surprised by what parts of the scores gave her the edge; but I'm pleased for both of them and I'm so psyched to see if they can improve on this. To see Carolina skate and jump clean is truly amazing. And to what to me looks like improved speed, footwork, and jump content (with problems I know) from Alissa makes me want to jump up and down.

I do feel badly for Caroline, and since I missed her SP, I feel like I missed her comeback. Yet, even in this program i noticed increased speed, a much better flip despite the problems, and in many places better edging (although I think she still needs to bear down on the footwork/edging and speed .... and then, power for her jumps). But, how amazing that she has the courage and determination to keep plugging away. I can't wait to see her next outing.

Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    I like Alissa and Carolina, and I'm glad they both performed well here. Kostner wasn't as strong in the sp, and I think Alissa's PCS should be the best of the ladies' field this season -- she is that good with all her elements, and her jumps have improved mightily. This is a great boost for Alissa's confidence. She did fight for that performance, and she looks so good physically and mentally out there. Hope Alissa continues to gain strength and confidence throughout the season. I think Alissa's great artistry has set a standard that all the ladies are trying to follow.
    I don't know if Alissa should have the highest PCS, there's more to PCS than looking lovely. There's difficult choregraphy, transitions, skating skills. Kostner for example has harder choregraphy,transitions and is a lot faster accross the ice than Alissa is. And its not like Kostner when she skates well is ugly to watch.

While Alissa deserved to win the short, one could point out her 3 flip, should have been called underrotated.

Quote Originally Posted by jaylee View Post
    I would've given Kostner higher components than Alissa. I thought her program had the edge in every category (transitions, choreography), better SS, and I liked her interpretation better too.
    I agree with you!

Custom Title
    Glad Kostner got Lv4 in her footwork, but sadly two combination spins level 1 cost her a lot

The CoP does its thing.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Alissa got gifted in the PCS and should not have won this. Caroline should be champion by rights. I blame the judges and their consistently wonky scoring of the PCS.

Quote Originally Posted by Itcaip View Post

The last two spins were only level 1. That was her problem.
    Good point. Wasn't a spin that technically cost her the Euro title a few years back? Not sure what has happened to her spins but they used to be so much better than this.

take off the oven mitts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    The CoP does its thing.
    yes, and i laughed.

i wonder what effect empty seats and a desperate federation have on PCS.

I think this has become a matter of attempting high risk jump difficulty results in PCS boost from the judges. Right or wrong, COP judging is known for this and Czisny reaped the benefits here.

Hey Carolina did get a level four on her step sequence. Good for her!

Spins:

Alissa = 13.12
    Carolina = 7.80

Alissa beat Carolina on spins alone by more than FIVE POINTS. That is crazy to think about.
    Alissa, not surprisngly, also beat Carolina in the spiral by a half-point.

Carolina beat Alissa by a point in the step sequence.

Jump elements:
    Carolina 39.65
    Alissa 30.84.

Carolina beat Alissa by just under 9 points.

And Alissa beat Carolina in PCS by about a point.

To be frank while I'd given it to Kostner on both categories, this judging wasn't the farce D/C getting higher PCS than B/L was.

Quote Originally Posted by Iscariot View Post
    Glad Kostner got Lv4 in her footwork, but sadly two combination spins level 1 cost her a lot
    All three spins were a little sketchy from Kostner.

Base value of technical elements: Kostner 49.02, Czisny 49.03.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast