LADIES LONG PROGRAM Thread | Page 8 | Golden Skate

LADIES LONG PROGRAM Thread

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Who would have though that Alissa would become a fighter like this? Before if she fell you knew she's fall a couple more times. Now she fights for every landing. I saw Mirai in the crowd i hope she saw that just because you make a mistake early you don't collapse but continue to fight on.

jaylee

Medalist
How bizarre, with Alissa turning in a performance filled with jump errors and Kostner being very clean.

I would've given Kostner higher components than Alissa. I thought her program had the edge in every category (transitions, choreography), better SS, and I liked her interpretation better too (Alissa's SP is beautiful, this LP is a snooze).

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wish both Alissa and Carolina could have won a gold medal; they both deserve one at this event! I hope to see both of them finish 1 and 2 in any order at the Worlds as well! :love:

Serious Business

Record Breaker
I like how everyone was like "Alissa's tech was harder" and then Alissa won this on PCS, including a quarter point more on skating skills (which is questionable in my opinion).

Every point counted. If Alissa had backed off even a little bit in the jumps, she wouldn't have won had she made all the same mistakes.

Of course, by backing off, she could've avoided some of the risks. If she did a standard 3lutz/2toe she probably could've scored several points higher even with a mistake, because getting a << on that 3toe was costly.

I do agree though that the PCS was wonky. Kostner should've scored higher on several of the PCS, notably Skating Skills, than Alissa did.

SXTN

Final Flight
Looking at the protocol, it's strange to see that much + GOE on Kostner's sheet. Unusual haha

The last two spins were only level 1. That was her problem.

Art&Sport

Medalist
I like Alissa and Carolina, and I'm glad they both performed well here. Kostner wasn't as strong in the sp, and I think Alissa's PCS should be the best of the ladies' field this season -- she is that good with all her elements, and her jumps have improved mightily. This is a great boost for Alissa's confidence. She did fight for that performance, and she looks so good physically and mentally out there. Hope Alissa continues to gain strength and confidence throughout the season. I think Alissa's great artistry has set a standard that all the ladies are trying to follow.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Wow...how do you get 5th place in the short and long but still get a bronze. That's still weird to me.

Well, Mao won 2010 Worlds with 2/2 and Kozuka just got his Bronze with 2/2 also.

I like how everyone was like "Alissa's tech was harder" and then Alissa won this on PCS, including a quarter point more on skating skills (which is questionable in my opinion).

Unfriendy ice but friendy judges?

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alissa won this on PCS, including a quarter point more on skating skills (which is questionable in my opinion).

Czisny had -GOE on every jumping pass except the last one. When Carolina won/placed well with such messy jumps in the past, the outcry was huge.

I agree; you make very valid points! :)

Artistry

On the Ice
Watching the last two programs after that heavy, labored and slow skate by Zhang (please retire already!) was like drinking a fine wine after a wine cooler.
I don't find her famed flexibility aesthetically appealing either, not to mention the falls. But the last two programs were pure joy to see! Although I personally prefer Mozart and Kostner's program to his music to the rather
bland (imho) Sibelius and Alissa's interpretation, both were lovely and in a completely higher stratosphere than all the other skaters. Good job to both!

emma

Record Breaker
I'm so happy for both Alyssa and Carolina. they both are just improving and improving - Carolina's skate was just beautiful. If she can add in more jumps this will be amazing. That Alissa held it together and went for it all makes me so, so happy. I'm surprised by what parts of the scores gave her the edge; but I'm pleased for both of them and I'm so psyched to see if they can improve on this. To see Carolina skate and jump clean is truly amazing. And to what to me looks like improved speed, footwork, and jump content (with problems I know) from Alissa makes me want to jump up and down.

I do feel badly for Caroline, and since I missed her SP, I feel like I missed her comeback. Yet, even in this program i noticed increased speed, a much better flip despite the problems, and in many places better edging (although I think she still needs to bear down on the footwork/edging and speed .... and then, power for her jumps). But, how amazing that she has the courage and determination to keep plugging away. I can't wait to see her next outing.

bekalc

Record Breaker
I like Alissa and Carolina, and I'm glad they both performed well here. Kostner wasn't as strong in the sp, and I think Alissa's PCS should be the best of the ladies' field this season -- she is that good with all her elements, and her jumps have improved mightily. This is a great boost for Alissa's confidence. She did fight for that performance, and she looks so good physically and mentally out there. Hope Alissa continues to gain strength and confidence throughout the season. I think Alissa's great artistry has set a standard that all the ladies are trying to follow.

I don't know if Alissa should have the highest PCS, there's more to PCS than looking lovely. There's difficult choregraphy, transitions, skating skills. Kostner for example has harder choregraphy,transitions and is a lot faster accross the ice than Alissa is. And its not like Kostner when she skates well is ugly to watch.

While Alissa deserved to win the short, one could point out her 3 flip, should have been called underrotated.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would've given Kostner higher components than Alissa. I thought her program had the edge in every category (transitions, choreography), better SS, and I liked her interpretation better too.

I agree with you! :)

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Alissa got gifted in the PCS and should not have won this. Caroline should be champion by rights. I blame the judges and their consistently wonky scoring of the PCS.

reynycpr

On the Ice
The last two spins were only level 1. That was her problem.

Good point. Wasn't a spin that technically cost her the Euro title a few years back? Not sure what has happened to her spins but they used to be so much better than this.