LADIES LONG PROGRAM Thread | Page 9 | Golden Skate

LADIES LONG PROGRAM Thread

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think this has become a matter of attempting high risk jump difficulty results in PCS boost from the judges. Right or wrong, COP judging is known for this and Czisny reaped the benefits here.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hey Carolina did get a level four on her step sequence. Good for her!

Spins:

Alissa = 13.12
Carolina = 7.80

Alissa beat Carolina on spins alone by more than FIVE POINTS. That is crazy to think about.
Alissa, not surprisngly, also beat Carolina in the spiral by a half-point.

Carolina beat Alissa by a point in the step sequence.

Jump elements:
Carolina 39.65
Alissa 30.84.

Carolina beat Alissa by just under 9 points.

And Alissa beat Carolina in PCS by about a point.

bekalc

Record Breaker
To be frank while I'd given it to Kostner on both categories, this judging wasn't the farce D/C getting higher PCS than B/L was.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I tend to agree with people. If you reverse the SS component alone (which should definitely be done as Czisny is sorta nowhere near Kostner, who probably has the best SS from the ladies), Kostner wins. Czisny didn't deserve the win. I'm glad she fought, I'm glad Kostner was relatively clean, and I hope both grow and challenge themselves this year and I look forward to their development. Hometown judging definitely

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Alissa just got the highest PCS (62.91) of her career, beating PB of 61.47 from SC 2010. Her TES is way below PB of 60.65 from Worlds 2011.

Last edited:

emma

Record Breaker
thanks mrs. P....I think I should be feeling awful that Alissa won....but, I'm just not...but, I do think Carolina was exquisite.

ETA ...but IP I totally agree with you; I just don't feel like it was highway robbery.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
To look at how both of these wildly inconsistent ladies are breathing new life into their skating careers and delivering gutsy and heartwarming performances is so beautiful to see. I'm so glad I can witness it! :biggrin::love:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Hey Carolina did get a level four on her step sequence. Good for her!

Spins:

Alissa = 13.12
Carolina = 7.80

Alissa beat Carolina on spins alone by more than FIVE POINTS. That is crazy to think about.
Alissa, not surprisngly, also beat Carolina in the spiral by a half-point.

Carolina beat Alissa by a point in the step sequence.

Jump elements:
Carolina 39.65
Alissa 30.84.

Carolina beat Alissa by just under 9 points.

And Alissa beat Carolina in PCS by about a point.

and that's where Alissa has always given herself a buffer of sorts, her spins...

SXTN

Final Flight
Over the last years I almost forgot how spectacular and elegant Kostner's jumps are when clean.

Czisny's jumps look akward and distracting even when she lands them cleanly.

One drawback to the CoP is that the SP leader can back into the championship.

I do not understand how people can cheer so lustily for the virtues of the CoP, yet cry foul so loudly at CoP results in actual competitions.

skfan

Final Flight
thanks mrs. P....I think I should be feeling awful that Alissa won....but, I'm just not...but, I do think Carolina was exquisite.

ETA ...but IP I totally agree with you; I just don't feel like it was highway robbery.

it was highway robbery. czisny was like a ghost out there.

see, mirai, if you only had a bit more gumption, this kind of home cookin' could be waiting for you!

in a few days the stench of this judging will wear off, and i'll still be able to watch a skate with some spark to a not-poorly-cut version of one of my favorite pieces of music :) thanks, caro and lori.

i didn't watch the pairs, can't venture an opinion on who was robbed in _that_ event.

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

I do not understand how people can cheer so lustily for the virtues of the CoP, yet cry foul so loudly at CoP results in actual competitions.

People cry foul in all competitions.

bekalc

Record Breaker

I don't mind it so much, but one could argue it should have been a tad closer between both in the short Alissa's 3flip was underrotated.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker

same way folks can do the same about 6.0

Serious Business

Record Breaker

I am against bad, inconsistent and unfair judging whether it's under the CoP or any other system. And it seems to me most people who say Kostner should've won are saying that the CoP was not applied correctly to her and Alissa's scores when it comes to the PCS. So we're for the CoP, and against this panel of judges.