Pairs LP Thread | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Pairs LP Thread

alexeifan

On the Ice
ahhh and the Germain win soooo happy:)

they are being interviewed by suzie wynn on ice network and for some reason the sound is off...

lavender

Record Breaker
I think this is a low scoring competition, which is typical for the first GP competition (see NHK 2010). I don't think D/C can score a 124...and I don't see the Zhangs scoring higher either.

I guess you were right.:)

emma

Record Breaker
I was surprised the Zhangs didn't score a little more and look forward to seeing the protocols. I thought they did great for just coming back; but, it's worrisome for their hopes the rest of the season if they can't get more points. I wish them luck. I really can't wait to see S/S LP grow this season, I really like it quite a bit.

First time seeing D/C - I'm surprised how well they skate together and I give her props for trying to refine some of her elements. I wish them all the best.

And, I really, really want to see Caitlyn skate again...miss her a lot.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Good competition. Yay for Aliona/Robin... well deserved! Nice comeback from Zhang/Zhang. Happy for the canadians.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Protocals:

S/S -- They got docked pretty badly for the 2T/3T, but otherwise lots of +GOE across the board.
M-T/D -- Negative GOE on the 3S, as expected, but otherwise solid GOE (a few judges did give -GOE on the twist, which I could understand)
Z-Z -- Wow, 7.8 on the three jump combo. But negative GOE on the 2S and the combo spin (agreed, very out of sync) and also the 3S throw.
D/C-- negative GOE on the 2A-1A sequqnce (expected) but positive GOE elsewhere except for a single -1 for their lutz throw. Despite the ugliness of the lefts, the judge seem to like them -- there's a few +3s on that last one...
B/L - got a UR on the 2A sequence, also negative GOE on the 3T and the 3LO throw....
V/B -- neagtive GOE on the 3T-1T and 3S throw.
H/W -- lots of negative GOE and not much + Goe on other elements
M/B -- Well lots of -GOE sadly. =( but got some positive +GOE on their other elements.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Enjoyable competion on the whole. Glad for S/S they deserved the win, bit disappointed with the Zhangs not as good as I expected. Impressed with the Canadians, they deserved their 3rd place finish. Dissapointed for B/L, I really like their style but they had to many small mistakes. I don't see them making the grand prix final with a 5th place finish here. Enjoyed D/C. Very pleasant programme from V/B once the music was sorted.

badknees

Medalist
Is anyone watching on universal sports. I just now ordered the channel, finally on directv, but it's got black at the top and bottom, so the picture is narrow and not a good quality at all. Is this the way Universal sports broadcasts?

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is anyone watching on universal sports. I just now ordered the channel, finally on directv, but it's got black at the top and bottom, so the picture is narrow and not a good quality at all. Is this the way Universal sports broadcasts?

Yes, sadly they do not broadcast in HD :frown:; the picture quality is very bad/blurry, but at least it's something. During commercials, the picture regularly blacks out or shows temperatures/5 day weather outlook for the viewing area.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker

mine is full screen and clear... so no I don't think it is at all

badknees

Medalist
HHmm.....why would some have full screen and clear and others not? Could it be the difference between a cable provider vs. satelite?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
HHmm.....why would some have full screen and clear and others not? Could it be the difference between a cable provider vs. satelite?

I have directTV. so I have no clue.

that being said I mispoke. I do have the black lines, apparently it's shot for some form of widescreen. It's not for high def TVs, I know that, but on a regular (older) TV it looks just fine. as far as getting weather instead of the event/program I've never had that issue.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Wow. Ingo Steuer is brilliant, and full credit to Aliona and Robin for being able to handle such diverse concepts and difficult choreography and elements. Just incredible. And people say CoP hurt pairs the most? I defy anyone to watch S/S's programs, this one especially, and argue that you can't put together an amazing and high scoring pairs program. :bow::clap:

(Great costumes, too!)

Last edited:

gold12345

Medalist
that being said I mispoke. I do have the black lines, apparently it's shot for some form of widescreen. It's not for high def TVs, I know that, but on a regular (older) TV it looks just fine. as far as getting weather instead of the event/program I've never had that issue.

Yeah, watching Universal Sports on an HD TV is not great... But it's better than nothing. I wish we could at least get the Ladies LP on NBC, but oh well.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Yeah, watching Universal Sports on an HD TV is not great... But it's better than nothing. I wish we could at least get the Ladies LP on NBC, but oh well.

one more reason I'm in no hurry to get an HD tv... my reg. def. tv does just fine. I really don't need to see the individual nose hairs a girl has while watching them in theri layback.

bekalc

Record Breaker
115...that is way low than I expected. Seriously. Glad they took the silver medal in the end(I might be in the minority here, but I would have the B/L in front of D/C.)

I think D/C getting higher PCS than B/L is the biggest farce of Skate America.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Wow. Ingo Steuer is brilliant, and full credit to Aliona and Robin for being able to handle such diverse concepts and difficult choreography and elements. Just incredible. And people say CoP hurt pairs the most? I defy anyone to watch S/S's programs, this one especially, and argue that you can't put together an amazing and high scoring pairs program. :bow::clap:

(Great costumes, too!)

Imagine pairs without Ingo, Aliona and Robin.