Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Pairs LP Thread

Quote Originally Posted by alexeifan View Post
    Yes, and that smile sure went away once the scores were shown. I think they expected much higher.
    so did the crowd...

Custom Title

skating philosopher
    Protocals:

S/S -- They got docked pretty badly for the 2T/3T, but otherwise lots of +GOE across the board.
    M-T/D -- Negative GOE on the 3S, as expected, but otherwise solid GOE (a few judges did give -GOE on the twist, which I could understand)
    Z-Z -- Wow, 7.8 on the three jump combo. But negative GOE on the 2S and the combo spin (agreed, very out of sync) and also the 3S throw.
    D/C-- negative GOE on the 2A-1A sequqnce (expected) but positive GOE elsewhere except for a single -1 for their lutz throw. Despite the ugliness of the lefts, the judge seem to like them -- there's a few +3s on that last one...
    B/L - got a UR on the 2A sequence, also negative GOE on the 3T and the 3LO throw....
    V/B -- neagtive GOE on the 3T-1T and 3S throw.
    H/W -- lots of negative GOE and not much + Goe on other elements
    M/B -- Well lots of -GOE sadly. =( but got some positive +GOE on their other elements.

Custom Title
    Enjoyable competion on the whole. Glad for S/S they deserved the win, bit disappointed with the Zhangs not as good as I expected. Impressed with the Canadians, they deserved their 3rd place finish. Dissapointed for B/L, I really like their style but they had to many small mistakes. I don't see them making the grand prix final with a 5th place finish here. Enjoyed D/C. Very pleasant programme from V/B once the music was sorted.

Custom Title
    Is anyone watching on universal sports. I just now ordered the channel, finally on directv, but it's got black at the top and bottom, so the picture is narrow and not a good quality at all. Is this the way Universal sports broadcasts?

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by badknees View Post
    Is anyone watching on universal sports. I just now ordered the channel, finally on directv, but it's got black at the top and bottom, so the picture is narrow and not a good quality at all. Is this the way Universal sports broadcasts?
    Yes, sadly they do not broadcast in HD ; the picture quality is very bad/blurry, but at least it's something. During commercials, the picture regularly blacks out or shows temperatures/5 day weather outlook for the viewing area.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 10-23-2011 at 04:53 PM.

mine is full screen and clear... so no I don't think it is at all

Custom Title
    HHmm.....why would some have full screen and clear and others not? Could it be the difference between a cable provider vs. satelite?

HHmm.....why would some have full screen and clear and others not? Could it be the difference between a cable provider vs. satelite?
    I have directTV. so I have no clue.

that being said I mispoke. I do have the black lines, apparently it's shot for some form of widescreen. It's not for high def TVs, I know that, but on a regular (older) TV it looks just fine. as far as getting weather instead of the event/program I've never had that issue.

Wow. Ingo Steuer is brilliant, and full credit to Aliona and Robin for being able to handle such diverse concepts and difficult choreography and elements. Just incredible. And people say CoP hurt pairs the most? I defy anyone to watch S/S's programs, this one especially, and argue that you can't put together an amazing and high scoring pairs program.

(Great costumes, too!)
    Last edited by Buttercup; 10-23-2011 at 05:07 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    that being said I mispoke. I do have the black lines, apparently it's shot for some form of widescreen. It's not for high def TVs, I know that, but on a regular (older) TV it looks just fine. as far as getting weather instead of the event/program I've never had that issue.
    Yeah, watching Universal Sports on an HD TV is not great... But it's better than nothing. I wish we could at least get the Ladies LP on NBC, but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by gold12345 View Post
    Yeah, watching Universal Sports on an HD TV is not great... But it's better than nothing. I wish we could at least get the Ladies LP on NBC, but oh well.
    one more reason I'm in no hurry to get an HD tv... my reg. def. tv does just fine. I really don't need to see the individual nose hairs a girl has while watching them in theri layback.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    115...that is way low than I expected. Seriously. Glad they took the silver medal in the end(I might be in the minority here, but I would have the B/L in front of D/C.)
    I think D/C getting higher PCS than B/L is the biggest farce of Skate America.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Wow. Ingo Steuer is brilliant, and full credit to Aliona and Robin for being able to handle such diverse concepts and difficult choreography and elements. Just incredible. And people say CoP hurt pairs the most? I defy anyone to watch S/S's programs, this one especially, and argue that you can't put together an amazing and high scoring pairs program.

(Great costumes, too!)
    Imagine pairs without Ingo, Aliona and Robin.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Imagine pairs without Ingo, Aliona and Robin.
    NO, I don't want to!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast