Skate Canada Predictions | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Skate Canada Predictions

jettasian

Match Penalty
Would you like to visit the "Skaters and Good Deeds" thread, where there is no whine or mourn but only positivity and praise?:p:p

Yes, it might happen, but I would not hold a preconceived judgment and qualify it as "negativity". What constitutes "whine and mourn" in your mind may be deemed a healthy debate by others. Let's keep an open heart without preconceived "negativity" before it happens.
Thanks for that thread, but I have no interest to know what they do or don't do outside of skating. I'm here to watch them skate, not doing charitable work.

Healthy debate is always good. But don't hold your breath on it.

jettasian

Match Penalty
Ha, another premature complaint of an imaginary event, just like what jettasian was preemptively complaining about.

What did I tell you about manifestation, jett?

See what I mean? My prediction was right. I wasn't complaining or manifesting anything...it's bound to happen before even the event starts. It's become a tradition, a Chan win = bitchfest on this thread, lol.

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
Men:
1. Chan
2. Takahashi
3. Van Der Perren
4. Rippon
5. Fernandez

Ladies:
1. Tuktamisheva
2. Suzuki
3. Phaneuf
4. Nagasu
5. Flatt

And for the dance and the pair, I can't predict because they have a lot of skaters that I don't know how they are :)

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Last time in SA prediction thread, I thought I was super cautious and said only what was obvious. But still, Kozuka bombed so badly.:cry:

icellist

On the Ice
well, i only think Chan is going to fall only on his first GP of the season. He becomes progressively more consistent towards the end of the season. But i also think that takahashi won't give his greatest skate here, coming off surgery and disappointing Japan Open. i'm just hoping it's enough to challenge Chan if only slightly.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Can someone make a thread about the hours of the competition or even better the eurosport hours?:laugh:
I dont want to miss Tuktamisheva 's rise!
This competition has a bunch of my favs, I want really I/M and Tukt to do well! And then V/T, Mirai, Akiko and Takahashi also!
Predictions Chan, Akiko, V/T and V&M.

skatinginbc

Medalist
Well, I was just not aware that the predictions include fans' behaviour.

People can predict and I can observe. I like obverving people's behaviour.

Here is my two-cents:

There was no reference to fans' behavior in icellist's prediction, which concerned only the competition outcome and was therefore appropriate in my opinion. It is a prediction thread, and one should be allowed to predict the outcome, including overscoring, falls, and so on.

jettasian's prediction fell on the borderline because it went beyond the competition outcome to fans' behavior and described it as "whine and mourn", which has negative connotations.

What made me uneasy, pardon my frankness, was actually your comment on jettasian's original post. Superficially you disagreed with him, but the word "negativity" you used in your remark "proactively react to negativity before it happens" conveyed a preconceived judgment on people's complaints about Chan's scores. The event has not even started yet; how do you know they won't be legitimate complaints? Oh, yes, it is a prediction thread, and certainly you may predict it to be "negative", but doesn't it become "another premature complaint of an imaginary event" as you said about others? As I said before, what constitutes "whine and mourn" in one's mind may be deemed a constructive debate by others. It is a discussion board. We need "whine and mourn" or, what I would say instead, different opinions.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I predict Chan will win and many will whine and mourn about how unfair, inflated for home ice blah blah blah and the other guy should have won blah blah blah... It has become a tradition for every Chan win.
I remember you. You're the poster who went on endlessly about how people were mean to Patrick Chan around the time of 2009 Worlds and how he was being wuzrobbed. I believe I remarked about it at the time, and wondered if you had any other interests when it came to skating. Apparently you do not, since I see you're still obsessed with the topic and ever-ready to insult skating fans whose views of Chan and his scoring differ from yours. You do realize that this is a general skating discussion board, right? One in which people have different opinions about various skaters and like to express those opinions - before and after events? If you don't enjoy it, you can just use the ignore function for anyone you disagree with. Happy reading!

It is a prediction thread, so we probably should tolerate people bringing up an imaginary event. However, it is the preconceived judgment or negativity assigned to opponents or disagreers that makes me uneasy.
There was no reference to fans' behavior in icellist's prediction, which concerned only the competition outcome and was therefore appropriate in my opinion. It is a prediction thread, and one should be allowed to predict the outcome, including overscoring, falls, and so on.
Indeed. :thumbsup:

Personally, I will go out on a limb and predict that someone other than Chan will win. It is no less likely than KvdP's SA medal! :laugh:

seniorita

Record Breaker
^ Thats more improbable than winning Loto, concidering the field..I dont see Rippon winning. I wish Daisuke would, but it s not the wish thread.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I think Chan's a lock, unless he withdraws or is injured :laugh:
The only one close from this list is Takahashi, and he hasn't been healthy.
But I'd like to see Kevin win one before he retires, and this is his last chance! He deserved the win at Skate America, IMO.

Kevin VAN DER PERREN
Elladj BALDE
Patrick CHAN
Andrei ROGOZINE
Daisuke TAKAHASHI
Denis TEN
Javier FERNANDEZ
Alexander MAJOROV
Ross MINER
Adam RIPPON

None the less, it looks like a really fun competition. I like so many of these skaters!

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I think Chan's a lock, unless he withdraws or is injured :laugh:
The only one close from this list is Takahashi, and he hasn't been healthy.
But I'd like to see Kevin win one before he retires, and this is his last chance! He deserved the win at Skate America, IMO.
I didn't say how it will happen, just that it will! I leave the specifics to the skating gods.

WHEN does KVDP retire? :eek:
It will be the end of an era.:scowl:
Kevin will never retire. 20+ years from now he and his kids will be competing at the same events. How's that for a prediction? :biggrin: (after all, the thread title does not include the year!)

fscric

On the Ice
My wish list:

Men:
Patrick CHAN
Javier FERNANDEZ
Adam RIPPON

Ladies:
Elizaveta TUKTAMISHEVA
Akiko SUZUKI
Mirai NAGASU

EricRohmer

On the Ice
[Men]
1. Chan (with so-so SP & brilliant LP performances)
2. Takahashi
3. Miner

[Ladies]
1. Nagasu
2. Tuktamisheva
3. Flatt

fairly4

Medalist
the only thing i am sure of is
dance
v/m for the title
for 2nd and 3rd i have weaver and poje and pechalat and bourzat.
with russian r/t , c/b, p/g might medal.
i am giving second to w/p due the fact they are fresh and p/b is coming off of s.a. with a couple of falls.

ladies.
for me it is a free for all
with mirai, alena, elizavetha, akiko, cynthia all vying for the title . depends on how they skate.
with rachel and ashley outside chances of medaling.

men

1) patrick chan
2) daisuke takashi
3) kevin van der perren with adam rippon has an outside shot at medaling

pairs
1) volosar, tankov
2) ilushena, maisuradaze and duhamel and radford fight for the other medals
with sui and han/ takashi and tran having a chance at medals

jatale

On the Ice
According to Wikipedia, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva is only 14 years old. What are the age eligibility requirements for the Senior Grand Prix events?