Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ice Challenge in Graz, Austria (November 1-6, 2011)

Custom Title

Ice Challenge in Graz, Austria (November 1-6, 2011)

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    12 Isabella CANNUSCIO / Ian LORELLO USA
    13 Lynn KRIENGKRAIRUT / Logan GIULIETTI-SCHMITT USA
    So glad Lynn & Logan are getting an event, given that they couldn't make it to Nebelhorn!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    So glad Lynn & Logan are getting an event, given that they couldn't make it to Nebelhorn!
    Good for them, however, they are doing back to back events, Graz then NHK!!
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 10-12-2011 at 05:28 AM.

Yes, but I think they needed the qualifying score, perhaps, to be eligible to skate a Nebelhorn?

Custom Title
    Yes, but I think they needed the qualifying score, perhaps, to be eligible to skate a Nebelhorn?
    I guess you meant Lake Placid competition? Yes, they did not compete at LP.

No, I meant that I thought they were going to need a qualifying competition to be able to skate at NHK or any other GP. I have no clue why my wooly thoughts had my fingers type Nebelhorn there.

In fact, LP does not qualify anyone for anything, other than as a monitoring event for USFS.

Custom Title
    And they are scheduled for Barrie this weekend. I guess they are getting some feedback before heading to the really big leagues. Should be an interesting event preview with Paul/Islam and Gilles/Poirier, Lynn/Logan, and others...

Custom Title
    No, I meant that I thought they were going to need a qualifying competition to be able to skate at NHK or any other GP. I have no clue why my wooly thoughts had my fingers type Nebelhorn there.

In fact, LP does not qualify anyone for anything, other than as a monitoring event for USFS.
    AFAIK, they don't need any competition since they're 25th on SB list, 130. The minimum scores to qualify to compete GP is 111, I think.

Medalist
    Just noted that Stephan Carriere will be coming to Graz to compete in the Ice Challenge competition. Saw him compete at the Nebelhorn Trophy competition and remember his ISU performances when he performed here a few years ago. I expect he will add some interest to the event this year.

Lightspear, if you go, I hope you will tell us about it!

Custom Title
    if caroline skates clean here and wins gold, she could still be in the run for a GP next year if she earns a score above 145 IMO. The only lady to theoretically challenge her here would be either Lena Marrocco or Dasa Grm. I don't really know the other competitors.

For the men, Stephen Carriere seems like a shoe in and the only competitor to likely surpass 200. Misha Ge is probably going to be silver.

Hausch/Wende need to redeem themselves after a disappointing SA. Going on a limb and saying that Russians are pretty good. Who are Andrea POAPST / Chris KNIERIM? They're representing for the US but i've never seen their name in nationals

don't know much about dance but looking forward to a showdown between C/L and K/G-S.

Knierim is one of the permanent male cast members in Colorado Springs. This year's partner is Poapst.

I first became aware of him when he was skating with Brynn Carman.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by icellist View Post
    if caroline skates clean here and wins gold, she could still be in the run for a GP next year if she earns a score above 145 IMO. The only lady to theoretically challenge her here would be either Lena Marrocco or Dasa Grm. I don't really know the other competitors.

For the men, Stephen Carriere seems like a shoe in and the only competitor to likely surpass 200. Misha Ge is probably going to be silver.
    In theory, Caroline could still get a 2nd invitation this year, but she would really have to tear up the ice in Austria. Just winning won't be enough.

Custom Title
    Sorry for the double post.
    It looks like the event will be streamed live at the web site.

http://www.icechallenge.at/

Custom Title
    ^ Great! Thanks for letting us know.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast