ISU Recognizes Mroz's Quad Lutz! | Golden Skate

ISU Recognizes Mroz's Quad Lutz!

jcoates

Medalist
PS...It'll be interesting to see if Rippon goes for it this weekend in light of Mroz's success.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
So now we've had 4T, 4S, and 4Lz. Haven't gotten successful 4F in competition yet. Question: Is 4Lo more difficult than 4A?

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Patrick has just revealed that he is rethinking which new quad he will get on with. I think 4F will be a good choice. ;)

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
He was told that he could easily get 4F before he has had 4S. So I'm sure he'd work on 4F before he gets into 4Lz.

jettasian

Match Penalty
So which has higher scores...

4T, 4F, 4Lz, 4S, 4Lo?

I know 4A will be the most difficult and highest score, right?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
4A scores the highest, 4Lz the next highest.

As to which is the most difficult, it depends on the skater.

The first ever triple done was the 3Loop, by Dick Button, and yet many skaters struggle with it.

Clearly, the 4Lz is probably easier for Mroz than some of the other jumps, for example, or he would have tried them.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
3A - 8.5
4T - 10.3
4S -10.5
4Lo - 12.0
4F -12.3
4Lz -13.6
4A - 15.0

I posted this earlier this year and believe there is no change yet.

jettasian

Match Penalty
Thanks for the scores.

Well, if Chan can do a 4F than a 4S, then what takes him so long to realize to try a 4F instead of a 4S? It's almost 2 point higer.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Clearly, the 4Lz is probably easier for Mroz than some of the other jumps, for example, or he would have tried them.

Take it with a grain of salt (or a whole salt lick) but according to Tom Z, Mroz is landing 4Lo, 4F and 4Lz and got them all within a couple days of trying them, no harness, no dartfish, this summer.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Take it with a grain of salt (or a whole salt lick) but according to Tom Z, Mroz is landing 4Lo, 4F and 4Lz and got them all within a couple days of trying them, no harness, no dartfish, this summer.

Unratified pratice jumps are different from those done in a competition in front of thousands of live audience. It will be interesting to see if Brandon can do it that way but having done it officially in front of a few spectators should bolster his confidence to likely repeat it in a GP event.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Unratified pratice jumps are different from those done in a competition in front of thousands of live audience. It will be interesting to see if Brandon can do it that way but having done it officially in front of a few spectators should bolster his confidence to likely repeat it in a GP event.

Congratulations to Brandon! Hopefully this accomplishment will spur him further to become even more confident in his presentation, and in his other elements!

(That was my nice way of saying, way to go, Brandon, but I still want you to straighten your back when you're stroking around the ice)

Blue dog, that is such a nice way to put what I was thinking myself. Personally I wouldn't have put a quad lutz on the top of the "must do" list for Brandon but of course it's a fantastic achievement, so congratulations to him. Wonder how Patrick will respond.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Brandon Mroz has successfully done the single most difficult element in figure skating history to date, that is quite a feat. I am excited for this breakthrough in the sport. But a little part of me wishes a better all-around skater took this honor. There's something rather satisfying about Kurt Browning (the ur-skater) being the first to land a ratified quad (yeah, yeah it's debatable but it's also what's official).

Boeing787

On the Ice
Blue dog, that is such a nice way to put what I was thinking myself. Personally I wouldn't have put a quad lutz on the top of the "must do" list for Brandon but of course it's a fantastic achievement, so congratulations to him. Wonder how Patrick will respond.
Patrick is now competing with himself.
I don't think Patrick should make too much effort on new quads or he might end up injured and cut short his career.

Patrick is now competing with himself.
I don't think Patrick should make too much effort on new quads or he might end up injured and cut short his career.
It can get a little dull competing with oneself. He may see Mroz's accomplishment as a challenge.