Ladies Practice Reports? | Golden Skate

Ladies Practice Reports?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
You can still watch the Ladies practice on Skatebuzz.

Looks like there is a bigger audience for SC practice and for SA competitions!

burntBREAD

Medalist
I think the American ladies were all looking good, Frank was having Mirai drill lutzes and flips over and over again.

When I was watching they didn't show too much of the Russians but Liza was looking very calm which is nice to see. I didn't see Mishin though. Alena isn't here with Morozov, rather with her old coach.

Akiko put in a pretty solid practice, as did the Canadian women (Amelie was going for 3Lo-3Lo and evidently according to the commentators 3F-3Lo), Cynthia's jumps look okay but I only saw a salchow and toe. DeSanctis was landing pretty nice lutzes. Hecken was having sort of a rough practice, I saw lots of tries at a 3F but usually < or double footed/stepout, and a popped salchow.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ If only Amelie could compete like she practices, she could be Canadian champion.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
I'm a little slow today:unsure:...I've been looking all over the site but I can't find it. Can you post a link?

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Thanks! I found it. :biggrin:

Here's a direct link to the ladies in case anyone was having trouble like me. ;)

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/18142676

ETA: I could only find the video of group 2 and it cuts off right after Cynthia Phaneuf starts skating...:disapp:

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
This is true. In the US, we won't get to see the last flight of the ladies until next week.

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
This is true. In the US, we won't get to see the last flight of the ladies until next week.

Which is why at times I wish I lived somewhere else than the States. Like say Canada. Oh well-here's hoping Eurosports or one of the other links will be showing SC. And if they geoblock I've got hidemyass.com and/or expatshield.com on standby (it allowed me to watch the world gymnastics championships live streamed from the BBC). :biggrin:

Lazlo23

Spectator
Russian media holding VGTRK will be showing SC live on their Sportbox.ru site and Sport2 channel like they did with SA.