Practice Reports Skate Canada | Golden Skate

Practice Reports Skate Canada

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Sui/Han just did a quad twist throw!

Expressive choreography too from what they are showing.

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Takahashi skated his program, no jumps.

D10 is on. A quad(?)

Ross did a full run thru. Hand down on 3A, 1 fall.

Rippon now.

General practice:

Adam had difficulties with 3A but did land a good one.

KVDP of course had the best jumps, including 3/3/3.

Last edited:

herios

Medalist
Takahashi skated his program, no jumps.

D10 is on. A quad(?)

Ross did a full run thru. Hand down on 3A, 1 fall.

Rippon now.

General practice:

Adam had difficulties with 3A but did land a good one.

KVDP of course had the best jumps, including 3/3/3.

Kevin did a solo 3/3/3/3, with two toes in the end 12 revolutions altogether!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

And Kudos to Skatebuzz by the way:biggrin:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Yes Skatebuzz rocks. :rock:

I prefer the earlier commentators to the two for Mens. Instead of finding the job tiring, Debbie was thrilled to talk skating non-stop. :)

2nd group is on the ice.

eta. The guys were so happy when Debbie came back to join them. "Thank God you're here!" :laugh:

Last edited:

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Who is this guy skating to Michael Jackson?! I've never seen him before...

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
The whole place suddenly just hushed when Patrick took his turn, including the commentators. :) I think they were all mesmerized.

He did a run through with the big jumps downgraded, and left out the last two jumps.

skatingfan04

Final Flight
First dance practice just wrapped up.

Virtue & Moir did their FD. It seem's she's chosen to go with the red dress from Funny Face this time around. They looked beautiful, and were sporting huge smiles the entire time. It looked like they were really having fun.

Weaver & Poje did their SD. Aside from the fact that she was wearing the scariest dress I've seen in a while, they looked wonderful. Really energetic and quick across the ice, and it looks like their twizzles have really improved.

Cappelini & Lanotte did their SD as well. They were really in character and looked quite strong.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
First group , dance practice...I immediately made obeisance a dozen times to the Skate gods.H/G have gone to black for their latin, I think..( at least that's what it looks like. They looke like a different couple. Kaitlyn and Andrew may cause them to have to haul out the fire extinguishers in the rink V/M..perfect version of the Red Dress.. C/L ..look much better than earlier vid.

sigrid

On the Ice
I love that we can see the practices.

I just could watch men's practice and I was positively surprised by Adam's jump layout for his LP: 4lz, 3a-2toe, 3loop, 3a, 3f-3toe, 3lz-half loop-3sal, 3 rippon lutz and 2a. That's quite an upgrade from last year.

skatingfan04

Final Flight
Kaitlyn and Andrew may cause them to have to haul out the fire extinguishers in the rink

I know! :biggrin: They've always had tons of chemistry, but that SD took it to a whole new level. So impressive. Even in the sections that they skated which looked like they were from their new FD, the connection between them was really amazing. I think these two have really gotten a huge confidence boost from their 5th place at worlds. They look even better than last season.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
V/M look like that FD will just fly.Great costume !

Can we hear it for W/P ? Historia d'un amor and a Samba version of cherry pink ( I think ) with all of the vocal "Uuh!" s, which they pick up on. Her animal print dress with bead fringe.. oh, my , she looks a perfect latin dance diva !

They could become SD masters if they keep on this way. What fun.

C/L ? Anna looks adorable as usual, and moves very well , but Luca , ay!ay!Ay! ..( are we sure he's not Cuban ?) It's difficult not to watch him throughout . I thought they got a bit far apart at times, but they seem to be faster than they have been recently. I like their music a lot.

H/G..oh, Hallelujah! I really like their costumes ..well cut ..beautifully fitted..you can see what they're doing, and what they're doing seems so much more polished than just a few weeks ago. ( gives me hope for P/I at NHK ;) ) Still not crazy about their music choice ,but this is such an improvement, to say that almost seems picky.

C/B , too, seem more together and seemed to be selling their FD better in this practice , at least. I'm still a bit off-put with the height difference , but our commentators were very impressed .

R/T mainly did SD. Her costume (quite pretty ) kept threatening to come undone at the backstrap..guess that will be fixed.:biggrin: To me this isn't really latin. There are places where they just seem to be randomly gyrating. I like this team ..especially her, but I don't think Latin is a good fit for them .

P/G mostly did their FD. Just OK fit on the costumes ( black)..and why is he wearing one red glove ? ( golly , I get tired of this )..Paganini..Linichuk..I'm not drawn in.

But this should be a really interesting competition ,much as SA was.

I'm really sorry P/B won't be here. I think their SD is alot of fun and I would have liked to see it in this mix.

Last edited: