Ladies' Short Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ladies' Short Program

Well, Rachael seems to have put on a few pounds and this program did not have the emotional impact it did last year, maybe because she's a little slower, but heck. Gotta give the girl props for skating clean on the GP circuit while studying chemistry or whatever it is at Stanford!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Rachael Flatt (USA)

3F+2T - I guess she's not planning 3+3, but I'm not surprised
3Lz
FCS
LSp
2A
SlSt
CCoSp

It's early in the season. I bet she'll have it later in the season, as long as she is injury-free.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Mirai Nagasu (USA)

3Lo
3Lz - fall, no combo
2A
LSp
FCSp
SlSt
CCoSp

Too bad the fall sucked the life out of her...

emma

Record Breaker
oh no....no combo for Mirai....rough start to the season. but, I do like this program and she looks to be in great shape.

I really like Rachel's East of Eden a lot....but there is still something of a frenetic (as opposed to emotional) quality about it that I hope she can soften - i'd love to see the powerful emotion without the frenetic edge. jmho. glad to see she did well, though.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
This sounds weird but Alena with her natural hair color looks like an older Liza T.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
52 something for Mirai. It could have been a lot worse. Funny, even with a fall and no combo she's only about two points off of a clean Ashley and Rachael...she's still in medal contention and (what's better) she won't be in first heading into the LP. She skates better when she's not...

Alena is making me want to throw my computer screen against the wall...vomit. Her program was terrible. All of the posing and hip rolling...WTFWT?