Men's Short Program | Golden Skate

Men's Short Program

Please be better than the Ladies!

Go, Daisuke! Go, Patrick! Go, Denis! Go, Kevin!
Show us quads, show us speed, show us dance--it'll be heaven!

Ice Network in USA, $40/yr.
Live results, ISU:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpcan2011/SEG001.HTM

Go, Javy! Go, Ross and Adam! Really, what a great lineup. I love Majorov's knees and flow in warmup.

1 Elladj BALDE
CAN
2 Ross MINER
USA
3 Denis TEN
KAZ
4 Andrei ROGOZINE
CAN
5 Javier FERNANDEZ
ESP
Warm-Up Group 2
6 Alexander MAJOROV
SWE
7 Adam RIPPON
USA
8 Kevin VAN DER PERREN
BEL
9 Patrick CHAN
CAN
10 Daisuke TAKAHASHI
JPN

Last edited:

evangeline

Record Breaker
I can't tear my eyes away from Andrei Rogozine's shirt......excellent strategic choice to distract the eye.

emma

Record Breaker
I really love Balde...too bad about the fall on the 3 axel. I love one foot foot work...!

Eliadj Balde is charismatic - I loved watching him until the spins, his biggest weakness. Even though his jumps missed a bit, they're there (I think) and they're big. Who choreographed the program? It's intense. I like it.

Oh my gosh, that was Miner whose knees are so soft and deep. Majorov is in the next group. Big oops.

Anyway - Miner singled his 3A. Dang. He's very dancerly but a bit bland.

evangeline

Record Breaker
me too. I think he has great lines, speed and edges too. too bad on the jumps - missed the axel, his combo was only a 3x2.

Yeah, he's toast in terms of points but I also find his skating very pleasant to watch.

60.83 for Miner, first place.

What happened to Dennis? I thought he had that jump. Kind of deflated what was a beautiful program.

Frank is bucking him up.

Looks like he got the rotations.

emma

Record Breaker
another too bad on the axel - but boy, ten gets so much height on that - it's like he almost jumps strait up in the air. wow.