Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: LADIES Long Program

Custom Title
    Well i think its time to sweep the US ladies from 2007-2008 cycle and hope the younger girls can get it together. Rachael, Mirai, Ashley and Caroline have had their chances and haven't got it done.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I just can't get into a skater who looks like she's 12. Let me know in two years if she can still do those jumps. She's still very Junior. She's a jumping bean like most 14 year olds are.
    She's very young but she's more than a jumping bean. She has a lot of attitude and style. Way more than say Kimmie Meissner ever had, let alone at age 16 at Worlds 2006.

Well i think its time to sweep the US ladies from 2007-2008 cycle and hope the younger girls can get it together. Rachael, Mirai, Ashley and Caroline have had their chances and haven't got it done.
    Sheesh, what's your problem? Ashley just won bronze with a great new program.

What are you talking about? Ashley just won the bronze and really did a decent FS aside from the 3Z fall.

Custom Title
    Yes i know but you really think even if Ashley makes Worlds she will be a threat to medal? No.

Custom Title
    Again, Liza was woefully undermarked. The only mistake she made was doubling out on the toe loop of the double axel combination. Apart from that, it was perfect. Should have at least been in the 120.00's on that free skate. However, 2011/12 seems to be the season for undermarking Russian competitors in figure skating and gymnastics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    But the other story AKIKO WINS THE FREE SKATE WHEEEE!!!

ETA: Hey Ashley got 2nd in PCS. Nice.
    I am in love with Akiko's FS!!!
    Fledermaus by Strauss is one of my favorite pieces of classical music.

I'm always open to any beautiful interpretation of Swan Lake. Great job Ashley. Nicks seemed pleased as well!

Protocols are out

Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    She's very young but she's more than a jumping bean. She has a lot of attitude and style. Way more than say Kimmie Meissner ever had, let alone at age 16 at Worlds 2006.
    Totally agree. I like her style. And she has great confidence. I thought she was much more poised than I've seen some of the senior skaters. I love just how calm she was during this whole thing!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    Again, Liza was woefully undermarked. The only mistake she made was doubling out on the toe loop of the double axel combination. Apart from that, it was perfect. Should have at least been in the 120.00's on that free skate. However, 2011/12 seems to be the season for undermarking Russian competitors in figure skating and gymnastics.
    Protocols. http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp..._FS_Scores.pdf

My prediction for the Podium was right on!!! :D

Yes i know but you really think even if Ashley makes Worlds she will be a threat to medal? No.
    I think Ashley is making quite a bit of progress. She was definitely rusty during her summer comps, but it's clear that Nicks is a good influence. I'd wait until worlds before you start judging.

Custom Title
    Mirai only had one underrotation call.

Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Sheesh, what's your problem? Ashley just won bronze with a great new program.
    I really think that Ashley improved immensely. It doesn't look so rushed anymore and all the jumps, except for the fall, looked so secure and fully rotated. I think this is going to be her comeback year. This is a skater who managed to grow up and end up a better skater than she was at 15.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    You never know but not really.... Seems amazing that the best worlds medal hope seems to be Alissa at this point and that's if she is perfectly clean and considering that there is no Yuna or Miki this year and Mao is a question mark.

What on Earth is happening with Mirai. Another spin mistake?? Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by reynycpr View Post
    I am in love with Akiko's FS!!!
    I am too. It suits her to a T. She is infinitely charming and when she hits her jumps it's just enchanting.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast