Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: LADIES Long Program

Quote Originally Posted by jatale View Post
    Liza was indeed calm and her performance was really good, but she has a HUGE advantage because she is a "tween". When you're young like she is, your whole emotional chemistry is that of a child and the doubts and insecurities etc. that creep into the young adult mind don't plague her yet. Also, she's tiny and weighs almost nothing yet, so her body defies gravity with much greater ease. Don't get me wrong, Liza is a real genuine talent and should have been scored higher than she was, she is an ice-princess and if she survives puberty intact she will be a major player at Worlds in 2013 and the Olympics in 2014. She had two admirable performances at Skate Canada.

The only senior skater in the Grand Prix that can maybe beat her is Mao. Will they be competing before the Grand Prix Final?
    No they won't. They can only meet in the Grand Prix if they both make it to the final. Adelina Sotnikova can certainly compete with both of them and she beat Liza at both World Juniors and in the junior grand prix last season

Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    No they won't. They can only meet in the Grand Prix if they both make it to the final
    And i love Mao and hope for a comeback. But her making GPF is no longer a guarantee -- she hasn't been to GPF since the 2008-2009 when she won.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jatale View Post
    Liza was indeed calm and her performance was really good, but she has a HUGE advantage because she is a "tween". When you're young like she is, your whole emotional chemistry is that of a child and the doubts and insecurities etc. that creep into the young adult mind don't plague her yet. Also, she's tiny and weighs almost nothing yet, so her body defies gravity with much greater ease. Don't get me wrong, Liza is a real genuine talent and should have been scored higher than she was, she is an ice-princess and if she survives puberty intact she will be a major player at Worlds in 2013 and the Olympics in 2014. She had two admirable performances at Skate Canada.

The only senior skater in the Grand Prix that can maybe beat her is Mao. Will they be competing before the Grand Prix Final?
    Not Elizaveta but she will compete with Adelina which will be quite a challenge

Custom Title
    Akiko got gold? Ashley got bronze? My dreams have come true! I am in love with those two.

Mirai, you need to ditch Frank. It's not working out.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by brightphoton View Post
    Akiko got gold? Ashley got bronze? My dreams have come true! I am in love with those two.

Mirai, you need to ditch Frank. It's not working out.
    Akiko won the free, she did not win gold.

Custom Title
    I am happy for Ashley.

Sad for Rachael.

Custom Title
    I don't know if it's Mirai-Frank, because she only had one underrotation call today. Rather, it was the performance-aspect that REALLY pulled her down. Akiko struggled a bit on her jumps as well but kept SELLING the program.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    Akiko won the free, she did not win gold.
    Awww man! I was looking at the LP protocol and got too excited. 2nd is good too!

Custom Title
    Maybe it's stupid but I love how Liza moves her hands constantly. She is captivating and her style is unique

Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I would love to see Gracie Gold skate as a Senior at Nationals she skates with power and has huge jumps.
    I am very curious about her as well. I loved what I saw at the Tallinn Cup.

Congrats to all the medalist! Superb event!

I want Carolina, Mao and Akiko on the world podium

Hope someone would upload Akiko's LP.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by christinaskater View Post
    Hope someone would upload Akiko's LP.
    Do you have links to Youtube vids of the LP?

Youtube Skate Canada LP

Ashley Wagner
    Mirai Nagasu
    Rachael Flatt

Custom Title
    Muchos gracias!

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast