LADIES Long Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

LADIES Long Program

Mao88

Record Breaker
Next group are on the ice

Am hoping Mirai redeems herself and Liza backs up her superb short program with a fantastic free skate

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I love how poised Liza is. First in her first GP, ah, no sweat!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
OMG That was a crazy spin error at the end. Mirai stayed on her feet, but clearly not her best performance.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Mirai Nagasu (USA)

Music: Adagio of Spartacus and Phrygia from Ballet Suite No. 2 by Aram Khatchaturian, Variations of Aegina and Bacchanalia from Ballet Suite No. 1 by Aram Khatchaturian

3Lo+2T
2A+2T - shaky landing, planned 2A+3T?
ChSp - forward arabesque w coe
3Lz+2T+2Lo - "e"
FCSp
3Lz - 2footed, UR? - "e"
3T - a bit shaky landing, perhaps UR
3Lo
2A
SlSt
CCoSp
LSp - slow, can't do Biellmann

Okay, it depends on number of downgrades. Another spin error...

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Mirai botching her last layback is particularly costly, because it's usually a major point-getter for her on what should be a relatively secure element.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Mirai completely lacked spark -- just going through the motions. She doesn't seem to enjoy this music. Or else it's hard for her to get into it b/c she's concentrating so hard on each element.

badknees

Medalist
Yes, she did seem slow. And I love big, emotional music but it seems ever since the new scoring system, no one is skating up to their music. Makes me miss Kwan and Wiley and Robin cousins!

Mao88

Record Breaker
1. Alena Leonova - 102.47 (FS) - 152.22 Total

2. Mirai Nagasu - 98.99 (FS) - 151.72 Total

3. Amelie Lacoste - 95.80 (FS) - 146.40 Total

4. Cynthia Phaneuf - 92.00 (FS) - 140.70 Total

5. Sarah Hecken - 86.21 (FS) - 130.71 Total

6. Adriana DeSanctis - 82.34 (FS) - 129.48 Total

No major mistakes from Mirai, but quite a few minor blemishes unfortunately. Her body has matured quite a bit compared with last season and I think she is still adjusting to that

Frank is not pleased.

I like the program and she held it together well stylewise, but so many mistakes cut away at her confidence. She didn't fall but she lost heart.