LADIES Long Program | Page 7 | Golden Skate

LADIES Long Program

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Definite a terrible day for Rachael, but as cliche as FIrebird is I can see this program working for her....way better than the cutesy stuff she skated in the last few years.

Medusa

Record Breaker
I think my feed changed to slow motion after Akiko skated. That was really painful, poor Rachel.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Well that is defnitely a FS Rachael will want to forget. 73. OUCH.

Mao88

Record Breaker
1. Akiko Suzuki - 119.44 (FS) - 172.26 Total

2. Alena Leonova - 102.47 (FS) - 152.22 Total

3. Mirai Nagasu - 98.99 (FS) - 151.72 Total

4. Amelie Lacoste - 95.80 (FS) - 146.40 Total

5. Cynthia Phaneuf - 92.00 (FS) - 140.70 Total

6. Sarah Hecken - 86.21 (FS) - 130.71 Total

7. Adriana DeSanctis - 82.34 (FS) - 129.48 Total

8. Rachael Flatt - 73.99 (FS) - 128.22 Total

Rachael looked as though she still has physical problems left over from her injury problems earlier in the year. Looked very slow and laboured.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Frank is not pleased.
I don't think he's the right coach for Mirai. This tough love thing doesn't seem to be helping at all and her jump technique remains dodgy. She should find someone else.

Mirai needs a new choreographer, a new costume designer and some oomph. This strategy is just not right .
She needs to call Stephane Lambiel! He could bring some fabulousness to her skating. She seemed rather disinterested in both her programs at SC - and I don't blame her.

Re Akiko, always nice to see a skater who holds her landings rather than rushing into some transition. But I can't stand Die Fiedermaus.

And Rachael, honey, your hair. The skate gods clearly do not approve.

lavender

Record Breaker
Time for Rachael to hang it up and tend to her studies.

I think like most this is hard to do (full time school and skating). I'm not a Rachel fan so I don't care if she stops skating altogether but I feel for her. I think she may have to choose either or...