CiSt
3Lo
ChSp
FSSp
CCoSp
3S+2T+2Lo - she's got the gold!!
2A - 'tano
FCoSp

Very Nice! Sqeaky clean. Should take the gold...

Art&Sport

Medalist
Tuk needs 112.70 for the win

Tukt has the win. It's just by how much. Too bad, Ash would have had silver, except for the fall. Ash does win the "mini-U.S. Nats" battle though. :) Hope Alissa and Ash go to Worlds. (fingers crossed).

Don't really like most of this music for Tukt, but whatever... she can skate. When she matures, with the right music and expressiveness, will be interesting to see then. Quite precocious.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Elizaveta should win this. I would be surprised and disappointed if she doesn't. I'd speculate about how she'll continue as she grows into an older body, but why spoil the moment? Liza! Liza!

Mao88

Record Breaker
1. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva - 117.81 (FS) - 177.38 Total

2. Akiko Suzuki - 119.44 (FS) - 172.26 Total

3. Ashley Wagner - 110.98 (FS) - 165.48 Total

4. Alena Leonova - 102.47 (FS) - 152.22 Total

5. Mirai Nagasu - 98.99 (FS) - 151.72 Total

6. Amelie Lacoste - 95.80 (FS) - 146.40 Total

7. Cynthia Phaneuf - 92.00 (FS) - 140.70 Total

8. Sarah Hecken - 86.21 (FS) - 130.71 Total

9. Adriana DeSanctis - 82.34 (FS) - 129.48 Total

10. Rachael Flatt - 73.99 (FS) - 128.22 Total

Absolutely fantastic skate from Liza. What a grand prix debut!!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
117 and she wins it! But the other story AKIKO WINS THE FREE SKATE WHEEEE!!!

ETA: Hey Ashley got 2nd in PCS. Nice.

lavender

Record Breaker
Yeah I want to mostly see how the top 2 Russians do when puberty hits. I was excited about them in juniors but things change once you grow into a woman. You don't know what direction your body will go in. Women/girls have it hard.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Wow. Winning your very first senior GP. Amazing. And yey for Akiko!!! I actually only started watching in the middle of Ashley's program so I'll have to catch up. But yey for Ashley too! Bummer for Mirai. Ugh.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just can't get into a skater who looks like she's 12. Let me know in two years if she can still do those jumps. She's still very Junior. She's a jumping bean like most 14 year olds are.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yeah I want to mostly see how the top 2 Russians do when puberty hits. I was excited about them in juniors but things change once you grow into a woman. You don't know what direction your body will go in. Women/girls have it hard.

I feel that both Liza and Adelina grew quite a bit in the last year... it will be interesting to see what puberty does, but I think that Liza has solid jump technique and that will help her.

JDLutz

Rinkside
So a Flawed Akiko won the LP, ahead of Liza nontheless, is is a very good sign for her :-D

Layfan

Record Breaker

That could happen but we'll just have to wait and see. So far, Liza looks like a total rising star. Still a little awkward but already with much ice presence for a 14 year old. So, unless she has bad luck with growth or injuries I think a more mature style will come very naturally for her.

What I saw of Rachael was awful. (Lost power briefly. Tree branches falling on our porch and fence. But I'd rather not think about it.) It's not just a time issue of studies v. skating. She's gained enough weight to slow her down and make the jumps harder. If not for that I think she would have done OK. But the program - no. Rachael is not and never will be birdlike.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So a Flawed Akiko won the LP, ahead of Liza nontheless, is is a very good sign for her :-D

I know right? It will be quite interesting to see what Akiko will score when she does the program clean...