Men's Long Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Men's Long Program

emma

Record Breaker
Adam's got a lot of work to do, and I don't love this costume either: but, mark my words, he will contend at US nationals...he is different than the last two years; I see conviction, and confidence, and joy that I didnt' see before. He needs to build on this. I hope he does. It's a great program for him.

I love the costume. It's subtle and lets the music come first. This will be an absolutely gorgeous program, if he can ever skate it. : ( His jumps were sooo cautious tonight... and still unsuccessful.

evangeline

Record Breaker
I don't think Adam's 3As are ever going to happen....

Pity, he's a lovely skater. Glad he went for the 4Lz.

lavender

Record Breaker
I think Frank likes hard workers, sacrifice your life for the sport, etc... Mirai is obviously not fitting his mold. It's basically she has no one to blame but herself, but the media and fans will blame Frank.

I just don't think they click. Frank clicks better with skaters that have that whatever Michelle and Evan have inside. You really didn't have to push them to want it.

evangeline

Record Breaker
Adam Rippon (USA)

Music: Air by Johann Sebastian Bach
Toccata and Fugue by Johann Sebastian Bach

4Lz<< - twofooted
3A - stepout
3Lo
CSSp
CiSt
....crappy feed... what did I miss?
3F+3T
3Lz+1Lo+3S
3Lz - 'Rippon'
CCoSp
ChSt
2A
FCSp

Adam fell on his second 3A.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Can someone explain why Ten is rated higher than Miner?

Not a great start for Adam (sad).

He lost the FS to Ross by about 0.5 points (only due to his -1 for a fall) but had a huge 11 point advantage from the SP.

ranjake

Final Flight
I'm surprised he's first. I really like him- but he seemed off, to me. Happy for him though.

evangeline

Record Breaker
Patrick fell twice, once on the opening 4T and another random stumble in the middle of his program.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Patrick Chan (CAN)

Music: Adagio from Concierto de Aranjuez by Joaquin Rodriguez

Weird pants...

4T - hard fall
4T+3T
3A
CiSt
FCCoSp
Fall on entrance to...
3Lz - stepout
3Lo
3F - hangs on to landing
CSSp
3Lz+2T - a bit scratchy on 3Lz
2A
ChSt
CCoSp

Will this be enough for gold (probably)

Somehow Patrick seems to skate the whole program at the same level of intensity. He's skating big, which I like... but there's no climax because it's all climax.

What causes those stumbles on "nothing"? Something with the ice or is it really the skater's fault?

Oh no, why such a giant score?