Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Free Dance

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post

As for Funny Face, I saw it and it was far from one of the most compelling musicals of the 50s (it was one of the last).
    The only thing that matters is it means something to the skater(s) and that they can relate it and convey it to the audience. Everything else is just subjective preference and you can't possibly please every single person.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    No, I didn't. D/W are both college students in addition to high level ice dancers. I don't see that they would choose to skate three events, especially not two back to back with no opportunity to tweak the programs between.
    The proposed event will take place in their backyard which they can drive themselves to in less than 30 minutes.

V/M made a comment that there is a huge disincentive to agreeing to skate three events so I highly doubt that they will either. So next assertion, please, that they will meet at SC?
    Nothing in this world is ever absolute. Oil sands used to make no sense economically 20 years ago. Nowadays, there simply isn't enough of it.

Custom Title
    NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, WALLYLUTZ, regardless of whether you think it should.

And maybe YOU think there is an asterisk on Worlds 2011, but there are lots of us that don't agree. D/W won fair and square, and by a fairly large margin.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, WALLYLUTZ, regardless of whether you think it should.
    I have no opinion on whether it should or shouldn't. If it were up to me, I'd be in favor of paying an appearance fee.

And maybe YOU think there is an asterisk on Worlds 2011, but there are lots of us that don't agree. D/W won fair and square, and by a fairly large margin.
    If you re-read the 2011 World threads, you'll recall that I agree with D/W's win. That's not the question. It is the perception whether D/W would have won if V/M were healthy and competed in all of their planned events so that their FD could acquire the mileage it needed. The fact that they still lost to V/M in the SD at both 4CC and Worlds with many people here saying the margin there could have been greater is an evidence in support of such doubt because the lack of training and mileage would really show at the FD, not the SD where the latter is 40% CD. We know veteran skaters in the past who came back from injuries tend to do well in CD but struggled in FD due to lack of mileage so it stands to reason their FD results was at least in part affected by the lack of practice time and skating in front of a competitive environment. Hence, a clear victory at a hypothetical SC match up could send a much more convincing signal. With the upcoming GPF and 2013 Worlds both in Canada, it really isn't crazy to suggest them to get used to it. That's my $0.02

Custom Title
    Sudden elevation? Dude, be fair, I can have an opinion outside the AFI list - which given what it includes, one might be wise to.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11