Favorite Christmas/Holiday movies? | Golden Skate

Favorite Christmas/Holiday movies?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
what are your favorite Christmas/Holiday movies?

mine are:

I'll Be Home For Christmas(Starring Jonathan Taylor Thomas)
The Muppet Christmas Carol
A Very Merry Muppet Christmas
It's A Wonderful Life
Charlie Brown Christmas
Snowden On Ice I & II

I think that's it :lol

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
The Preacher's Wife (watching the DVD right now), the movie it was based on The Bishop's Wife, The Santa Clause and Scrooged (love Al Green's and Annie Lennox' "Put a Little Love In Your Heart").

Piel

heyang

Record Breaker
Year without a Santa Claus (cold miser & heat miser)
Santa Claus is Comin to Town
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
Miracle on 34th St. (B&W with Maureen O'Hara & Natalie Wood)
It's a Wonderful Likfe (B&W)

Pookie

Final Flight
I like:

It's A Wonderful Life
Christmas Vacation
The Christmas Story
The Bishop's Wife
A Charlie Brown Christmas

I also like to watch A Very Brady Christmas. :eek: Kind of twisted, huh . . :p

That's all I can think of right now.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I forgot "A Christmas Story"! Ralphie is so cute but the little brother that plays in his food annoyed me to no end when he was "acting like a piggie". How many times as a kid did you get all bundled up to go outside only to find out you were too bundled up to enjoy yourself (and forget it if you had to come back inside to go to the BR)? There is a special heaven for the inventor of "Thinsulate". On snow days which were rare when I went to school...you had to have lots of snow for school to be called off.....all of the neighborhood kids would go sledding all day and until our parents made is come in at night. We would build a fire so that we only went in when we had to have dry clothes or to get something to eat. At night a lot of the parents would join us...so much fun. One of our neighbor's property went from the top of the hill where our houses were down the side of the hill to where they had acres of flat land for some cows. Fun going down, a very steep walk going back up.

"A Christmas Carol" with George C. Scott

Piel

Pookie

Final Flight
Piel, you were so lucky to have that much fun. My mom would never let us play in the snow. She was always afraid we would catch cold. I never built a snowman until I was in my twenties and had kids of my own. :laugh: I'm don't remember if I made them build one just so I could or if it was their own idea. :p

Back on topic, I also like the animated "How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

JOHIO2

Medalist
I'm with Piel -- Christmas Story is my fav (Wonderful Life is #2). Not just 'cuz parts were filmed in Cleveland, although that did give it a boost! LOL

Actually, I love all the adults saying "you'll shoot you eye out." I loved the parts with the neighbor's hound dogs, especially when they got the turkey. Also, the Xmas dinner at the Chinese restaurant was hilarious.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Jo, how about Ralphie's fantasy scenes? Also when he gives his teacher the fruit basket. The movie was supposedly set in the 40's but it really reminds me of 1959-62 when I was in K through third grade. Malls are nice and warm but shopping downtown at the holidays brings back some great memories for me.

Piel

Antilles

Medalist
My faves:

Muppet Family Christmas (just love it) is number one.

The others, in no particular order:
It's a Wonderfl Life
Rudolph
Grinch (animated)
One Magic Christmas
Miracle on 34th Street (Maureen O'Hara, Natalie Wood version)

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Christmas Carol - the black and white Alistair Sim version - Period.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
My favs are: "A Christmas Story", "Come To The Stable", "The Bells of Saint Mary's", "Miracle on 34th Street" (the original), "Santa Claus, the Movie"...........42

Last edited:

heyang

Record Breaker
Elf

Has anyone seen Elf? Word of mouth says it's a good movie, but I don't know anyone who's seen it.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Show, "Santa Claus, The Movie" hands down has the best Santa and Mrs. Claus ever. Their costumes were beautiful.

Piel

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Hi Piel.........I'm glad you also enjoy "Santa Claus, the Movie". I love the way it depicts the journey of a gift-giving toy maker to his role as "The" Santa........42