List of skaters | Golden Skate

List of skaters

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
When I watch skating on the computer or TV, I like to have a list of competitors in front of me for scoring, notes, etc.
So I go the the ISU website and try and copy and paste their lists into a MS Word doc, and what I get is barely usable
and catywhompus. And it is tough to move things around so they are usable. So I end up going to Predictions and finding
some post like theresa's in the Skate Canada thread who has somehow managed to put all the names in a neat, orderly manner
without imbedded links and I copy and paste that. Am I missing something? Is there a website that has lists of competitors
for each event in a a format that I can copy and paste from? All my computer education is self inflicted.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thanks! I found that if I copy and paste the ISU results/entries into landscape, it works better but I am definately checking out that site you gave...

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Chris, If you can wait until the Entries/Result page is up on the ISU web site:

(Here's Skate Canada )
Go to Entries / Results

Click on Entries
1 Tarrah HARVEY / Keith GAGNON CAN

2 Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR CAN

3 Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE CAN

4 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE ITA

5 Ekaterina PUSHKASH / Jonathan GUERREIRO RUS

6 Ekaterina RIAZANOVA / Ilia TKACHENKO RUS

7 Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES USA

Copy the skaters, and paste them into a Wordpad text file, and the above is what it looks like

Now if the Entries/Result site isn't up yet (Like Cup of China) you Click on Ice Dance to see the entries and get a list that won't format well. Copy it, paste it into Wordpad and it looks like this:

1 Xintong HUANG / Xun ZHENG CHN 1 2 Xiaoyang YU / Chen WANG CHN 1 3 Pernelle CARRON / Lloyd JONES FRA 2 4 Penny COOMES / Nicholas BUCKLAND GBR 3 5 Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV RUS 4 6 Charlotte LICHTMAN / Dean COPELY USA 5 7 Emily SAMUELSON / Todd GILLES USA 5 8 Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI USA 5

Then all you have to do is add a space after each competitor

1 1 Xintong HUANG / Xun ZHENG CHN
1 2 Xiaoyang YU / Chen WANG CHN
1 3 Pernelle CARRON / Lloyd JONES FRA
2 4 Penny COOMES / Nicholas BUCKLAND GBR
3 5 Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV RUS
4 6 Charlotte LICHTMAN / Dean COPELY USA
5 7 Emily SAMUELSON / Todd GILLES USA
5 8 Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI USA

Hope this helps?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thanks Doris....yes, the list is up at the ISU site but for some reason (like I am a computer illitterate) when I copy and paste the names, unless I go to landscape view, things go wrong....
I now have my cheat sheet...thanks as always for your help!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I cut and paste from the ISU results list into an Excel spreadsheet. You can adjust the size and margins of the spreadsheet and print it any way you want.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
chuckm, YOU ARE A GENIUS! I dont use Excel but I openned it on my computer, pasted in the ISU info, and in five minutes I figured out how to change cell size, etc and printed it out....
Give a man a fish and he will be hungery tomarrow...teach a man to fish and he will either never be hungery again......thanks.