Cup of China Predictions | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Cup of China Predictions

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
I am also surprised nearly everyone is picking Oda to win. I agree with the previous poster who said his stock is falling as well. Kozuka is the top Japanese man now, and Hanyu is their rising star. Takahashi is a former World Champion trying to get back in form. Oda is a veteran who hasnt medaled at Worlds yet. I also could see him off the podium here with Hanyu, Gaschinski, and Abbott all capable of beating him, although I think Oda will beat Abbott. Both Abbott and Oda will be hard pressed to make their World teams this year.

Oda is usually strong GP skater, where the pressure is light. But once the pressure on the world is on, he crumbles. He would have been multiple world medalist, if itn't for his 'Silly' counting jumps mistake. The number of times he screw by loosing point due to extra jump is just epic.

I'm picking Hanyu, Dornbush and Gachinski. Sorry to say my hopes for Jeremy and Oda are fading. Prove me wrong, old guns!

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think if the Chinese Federation were smart :rolleye: they would get behind both teams equally. Z/Z are much better for now, they have beat S/H twice now this season and unless his finger gets bad again I don't see S/H surpassing them this season.

As far as the future goes, Z/Z are pretty young, people think because they have been around a long time they are old when actually they are younger that most of the top teams. They will be 33 in 2018, not ancient for pairs as S/Z show everyone and S/S are about to show. Look at how old Robin is now? Trankov is actually older than Hao Zhang.

S/H on the other hand has the opposite problem. People are waiting to see if she'll grow, if she does, she will have to find a new partner if she wants to continue. She is only 16 so time will tell.
But Z/Z don't have the skills that S/S have and they never will. They will continue to be stuck where they are at and will start regressing soon.

mousepotato

On the Ice
But Z/Z don't have the skills that S/S have and they never will. They will continue to be stuck where they are at and will start regressing soon.

Most skaters won't and never will have the skills of S/S but that doesn't mean they shouldn't try. Most everyone counted the Zhangs out after Worlds 2010 and never thought they would be back after the injury. Now look at them; they are on their way to having a pretty good season for all they have been through.

They are China's #1 team and until S/H prove themselves more, the Chinese Federation have no reason to dump one of the two teams who gets results for the country. Being 4th or even 5th in the Worlds is not a bad place to be. They may as well take advantage of it for as long as they can, they're still young.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
^^yeah it is. ;) I wanted to post earlier today but I didn't have enough free time at work to get it done...

J

JEve3

I'm picking Hanyu, Dornbush and Gachinski. Sorry to say my hopes for Jeremy and Oda are fading. Prove me wrong, old guns!

It was a mess of a competition ( and I think ice quality may have been a problem) but the old guns came through. (Battle scarred and imperfect)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I think the LP seperated the Men from the boys and the more complete skaters from the not-quite-ready.