Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Short Dance Cup of China

8 points is a lot but not impossible for S/S -- they tend to be stronger in the FS segement anyway...

Custom Title
    Oooh, like the spicier expression and choreography for Maia this season

Custom Title
    I saw this coming.. The shibutani's programs this year are just not good at all! I said in a previous thread they should have switched programs after Finlandia.

Custom Title
    I only watched the American Teams, and thus far I liked Lichtman & Copely the best, and also the Shibutanis.

My only complaint about the Shibs is that they look so young, about 12 yrs. old, I miss the old days of ice dance when the man looked like a man and the woman looked like a woman (aka Anissina & Peizerat).

But what do I know, I'm not an ice dance fan, only know what I like, and what I have always liked in the past were T&D, the Duschenays, A&P, and S&B. The latter no more. :(

Btw, I was really hoping that Emily would do a "Marina Anissina" and find a partner in another country, preferably France or Russia. But I've come to realize that Emily is the less dominant partner in the relationship, as there is usually two types of personalities in a partnership, the leader/forceful one/gets things done (aka Christopher Dean) and then there is the nice laid back one (aka Jayne Torvill). Jmho.

Ah well, onto ladies.

Custom Title
    Maia and Alex got level 1 on their lift and level 2 on their Non touching step seq. This is why they are so far behind the russians. Both teams had level 3 on their compulsories

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    I think it was obvious the Shibutani's would slip this year but the Russians were quite overscored.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Wow.. I didn't think B/S would be scored that high..hmmmm. I thought it was..well, not that good and not that latin..
    Ah , well.. goodnight, guys.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    Maia and Alex got level 1 on their lift and level 2 on their Non touching step seq. This is why they are so far behind the russians. Both teams had level 3 on their compulsories
    Level 1 on lift.. How did it happen?

Custom Title
    One judge gave the Shibs +2 and +3 on all their elements(and PCS over 9) while other just one +1 and the rest 0(and the highest score was 7.25 on the SS). Gotta love ice dance
    Oh, I don't agree B/S getting higher GOE then the Shibs on the twizzles. This is wrong

Protocals:

*S/S and B/S score the same levels on the two sequences (level 3) -- AND S/S edged them out slightly on GOE
    *S/S got downgraded on their lift and circular step sequence (that mistake from Alex hurt) --
    * Oddly enough no -GOE otherwise from S/S, just downgraded levels.
    *How the heck did B/S score better on the twizzles?
    ** ETA: S/S lost more on TES --- they would have scored at least 5 points more if they had the levels.

** Carron/Jones -- level one on second sequence, level two on circular step sequence
    ** Coomes/Buckland -- level 2 and level three for their sequences; they also got level four on twizzles and lift and level 3 step sequence good for them.) They actually beat the Shibs in TES -- what a surprise.

** Huang/Zheng -- scored level 3 and 2 on sequence but level one on aborted left and level 2 on step sequence.
    ** Yu/Wang - level 3 both sequence, level two circular step sequence

* Samuleson/Gilles - level 2 on sequences, level one on step sequence
    * Litchman/Copley got just level 1 on their sequence and circular step sequences.
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 11-04-2011 at 03:53 AM.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Well the Shib's twizzles were slower and covered a lot less ice today.

Custom Title
    "* Most of B/S lead is clearly in PCS."

This is not right. B/S beat S/S on the technical mark by 4.79 points and on the presentation by 3.15

Custom Title
    I find all of the top teams overscored this season. Maybe it's the focus on required elements stifling creativity but something's missing. They're all a little disappointing though I admire the top teams' technical ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Well the Shib's twizzles were slower and covered a lot less ice today.
    Slower for what they usually do. B/S still shouldn't have scored above them in this element.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    "* Most of B/S lead is clearly in PCS."

This is not right. B/S beat S/S on the technical mark by 4.79 points and on the presentation by 3.15
    Opps, you're right. will edit my post as necessary.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast