Short Dance Cup of China | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Short Dance Cup of China

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Well the Shib's twizzles were slower and covered a lot less ice today.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
"* Most of B/S lead is clearly in PCS."

This is not right. B/S beat S/S on the technical mark by 4.79 points and on the presentation by 3.15

cassiem

On the Ice
I find all of the top teams overscored this season. Maybe it's the focus on required elements stifling creativity but something's missing. They're all a little disappointing though I admire the top teams' technical ability.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
"* Most of B/S lead is clearly in PCS."

This is not right. B/S beat S/S on the technical mark by 4.79 points and on the presentation by 3.15

Opps, you're right. will edit my post as necessary.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Leaving the scores aside, who should have won the SD? S/S or B/S?

I thought B/S program was quite sloppy, but it looks like S/S did leave some levels on the table -4 of B/S' 8-point lead was in BV alone. Shibs actually just .79 behind GOE. I think the judges also don't know how to score S/S in PCS for the SD -- scores range dfrom 6.50 to 9.5 (!!) The whole "siblings don't do Latin well" seem to prevail in those scores rather than what they actually did.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I don't know much about technical aspect of ice dance, but the S/S & B/S's scores should have been much closer. Eurosport commentators also said so, and I agree.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I don't know much about technical aspect of ice dance, but the S/S & B/S's scores should have been much closer. Eurosport commentators also said so, and I agree.

I agree with them too.
BTW, I noticed today Maia is growing into a stunningly beautiful young lady. Her dress was very flattering. The teams from Canton are so elegant this season

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I agree with them too.
BTW, I noticed today Maia is growing into a stunningly beautiful young lady. Her dress was very flattering. The teams from Canton are so elegant this season

Love Maia's dress too -- so nice compared to all the train wreaks from the other teams!

LLLLutz

Rinkside
Protocals:

*S/S and B/S score the same levels on the two sequences (level 3) -- AND S/S edged them out slightly on GOE

*How the heck did B/S score better on the twizzles?

How the heck did S&S score better on the sequences? It was slow and didn't cover as much ice surface as Russians' and wasn't that sharp at all.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
How the heck did S&S score better on the sequences? It was slow and didn't cover as much ice surface as Russians' and wasn't that sharp at all.

Well, B/S scored better than them on the twizzles despite a mistake; so I call it even.

ETA: I did feel they were a bit tentative on the sequences--but they do have nice edging, so that probably helped.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It's not the scoring of the Shibs that bothers me, it's the overscoring of B&S, particularly in the PCS. No way are they anywhere that close to V&M and D&W in PCS, in any sense. And no way should they be nearly 2 points ahead of P&B, even with P&B being ill.

V&M 36.36
D&W 36.19
B&S 33.23
P&B 31.56
C&L 31.42
W&P 30.89
S&S 30.08
Z&G 29.14

And no way are the Shibs skating skills close to Zhiganshina & Gaszi :eek:

Last edited:

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I love Maia's new dress, too. I just wish Alex put a lot of hair gel and wear his hair sling back style. With Latin as a theme of this year, they still look glaringly young. Maia's is a marked improvement from Finlandia, and I wish Alex follows suit.

This is the senior level, so appearance matters.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Clearly it doesn't matter, as that orange & black dress of Bobrova's looked like a Halloween ball castoff. Not to mention the 40 mile long glue-on lashes.

But the Shibs did look young...well, they are young.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It's not the scoring of the Shibs that bothers me, it's the overscoring of B&S, particularly in the PCS. No way are they anywhere that close to V&M and D&W in PCS, in any sense. And no way should they be nearly 2 points ahead of P&B, even with P&B being ill.

V&M 36.36
D&W 36.19
B&S 33.23
P&B 31.56
C&L 31.42
W&P 30.89
Z&G 29.14
S&S 27.71

And no way are the Shibs skating skills lower than Zhiganshina & Gaszi :eek:

Eek! Indeed. I would've put B/S below W&P. I can't believe they beat the Italians---now that's a Latin dance. S/S probably on par with W&P in my view, esp in skating skills....

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Stop comparing scores from different competition. In no way would Tatiana and Maxim beat Aliona and Robin by 6 points in the LP if they skated the same programs in the same competition.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Clearly it doesn't matter, as that orange & black dress of Bobrova's looked like a Halloween ball castoff. Not to mention the 40 mile long glue-on lashes.

But the Shibs did look young...well, they are young.

:rofl: Doris, you crack me up...:biggrin:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Well, I'm up past my bedtime with my lashes propped up on toothpicks. Generally PCS are close to set in stone over the GP season; tech not so much, because tech callers vary wildly and the skaters mess up now and again. This competition more now. BTW, I got the wrong column for the Shibs' PCS-they are marginally better than Z&G, but not much.