Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Short Dance Cup of China

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs. P View Post
    slower for what they usually do. B/s still shouldn't have scored above them in this element.
    ITA

Custom Title
    Leaving the scores aside, who should have won the SD? S/S or B/S?

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    Leaving the scores aside, who should have won the SD? S/S or B/S?
    I thought B/S program was quite sloppy, but it looks like S/S did leave some levels on the table -4 of B/S' 8-point lead was in BV alone. Shibs actually just .79 behind GOE. I think the judges also don't know how to score S/S in PCS for the SD -- scores range dfrom 6.50 to 9.5 (!!) The whole "siblings don't do Latin well" seem to prevail in those scores rather than what they actually did.

Custom Title
    I don't know much about technical aspect of ice dance, but the S/S & B/S's scores should have been much closer. Eurosport commentators also said so, and I agree.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CARA View Post
    I don't know much about technical aspect of ice dance, but the S/S & B/S's scores should have been much closer. Eurosport commentators also said so, and I agree.
    I agree with them too.
    BTW, I noticed today Maia is growing into a stunningly beautiful young lady. Her dress was very flattering. The teams from Canton are so elegant this season

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    I agree with them too.
    BTW, I noticed today Maia is growing into a stunningly beautiful young lady. Her dress was very flattering. The teams from Canton are so elegant this season
    Love Maia's dress too -- so nice compared to all the train wreaks from the other teams!

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Protocals:

*S/S and B/S score the same levels on the two sequences (level 3) -- AND S/S edged them out slightly on GOE

*How the heck did B/S score better on the twizzles?
    How the heck did S&S score better on the sequences? It was slow and didn't cover as much ice surface as Russians' and wasn't that sharp at all.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by LLLLutz View Post
    How the heck did S&S score better on the sequences? It was slow and didn't cover as much ice surface as Russians' and wasn't that sharp at all.
    Well, B/S scored better than them on the twizzles despite a mistake; so I call it even.

ETA: I did feel they were a bit tentative on the sequences--but they do have nice edging, so that probably helped.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    It's not the scoring of the Shibs that bothers me, it's the overscoring of B&S, particularly in the PCS. No way are they anywhere that close to V&M and D&W in PCS, in any sense. And no way should they be nearly 2 points ahead of P&B, even with P&B being ill.

V&M 36.36
    D&W 36.19
    B&S 33.23
    P&B 31.56
    C&L 31.42
    W&P 30.89
    S&S 30.08
    Z&G 29.14

And no way are the Shibs skating skills close to Zhiganshina & Gaszi
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 11-04-2011 at 04:14 AM.

Custom Title
    I love Maia's new dress, too. I just wish Alex put a lot of hair gel and wear his hair sling back style. With Latin as a theme of this year, they still look glaringly young. Maia's is a marked improvement from Finlandia, and I wish Alex follows suit.

This is the senior level, so appearance matters.

Clearly it doesn't matter, as that orange & black dress of Bobrova's looked like a Halloween ball castoff. Not to mention the 40 mile long glue-on lashes.

But the Shibs did look young...well, they are young.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    It's not the scoring of the Shibs that bothers me, it's the overscoring of B&S, particularly in the PCS. No way are they anywhere that close to V&M and D&W in PCS, in any sense. And no way should they be nearly 2 points ahead of P&B, even with P&B being ill.

V&M 36.36
    D&W 36.19
    B&S 33.23
    P&B 31.56
    C&L 31.42
    W&P 30.89
    Z&G 29.14
    S&S 27.71

And no way are the Shibs skating skills lower than Zhiganshina & Gaszi
    Eek! Indeed. I would've put B/S below W&P. I can't believe they beat the Italians---now that's a Latin dance. S/S probably on par with W&P in my view, esp in skating skills....

Custom Title
    Stop comparing scores from different competition. In no way would Tatiana and Maxim beat Aliona and Robin by 6 points in the LP if they skated the same programs in the same competition.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Clearly it doesn't matter, as that orange & black dress of Bobrova's looked like a Halloween ball castoff. Not to mention the 40 mile long glue-on lashes.

But the Shibs did look young...well, they are young.
    Doris, you crack me up...

Well, I'm up past my bedtime with my lashes propped up on toothpicks. Generally PCS are close to set in stone over the GP season; tech not so much, because tech callers vary wildly and the skaters mess up now and again. This competition more now. BTW, I got the wrong column for the Shibs' PCS-they are marginally better than Z&G, but not much.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast