4 Adelina SOTNIKOVA RUS
5 Christina GAO USA

Warm-Up Group 2
6 Valentina MARCHEI ITA
7 Ksenia MAKAROVA RUS
8 Kanako MURAKAMI JPN
9 Mirai NAGASU USA
10 Carolina KOSTNER ITA

Someone on Practice Report thread mentioned that Mirai's skates heel had cracked. :cry:

Last edited:

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Ladies short is after Ice Dance programs. You might want to check the Short Dance thread to see if someone found it. Good luck! :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Goooo Adelina, she's not the second coming of Oksana Baiul, but what I have seen so far of her on youtube this past year has been great! :)

She's got the technique, jumps, height, et al (per usual for the Russians), and she's creative ~ loved her new version of "Bolero". At first I didn't, but upon second showing I said "yes"!

Still, I hope she grows as a performer. So sad about this, never understood why the Russian ladies weren't good when it came to choreography, interpretation, et al. After all they come from the land of the Czars, culture, history, ballet, the arts.

Here's hoping Adelina wins her senior debut, just as Elizaveta did! :)

icemusings

On the Ice
The warmup group is on the ice and includes Sotnikova and Christina Gao in their GP debuts!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Just like last year the Chinese feed leaves a lot to be desired, as well as their audio. :p Still, I'm grateful for anything, and do appreciate IN, though I do find them North American centric.

Adelina totally dominates practice, as it should be, she reminds me of a young colt.

Btw one of the Chinese girls looks just like Madison Chock, but I'm not surprised seeing as Madison is half Chinese.

Warmup almost over. Will wait until Adelina skates...

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Well USFS is way close to IN-AFAIR, they contracted with major league baseball to create IN. USFS doesn't even do their own skater bios any more; they're just on IN. Not surprising they'd be US centric.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Wow, COC is honestly packed to the rafters, what a great turnout for the ladies! :)

I really enjoyed this lovely routine by Zhang, only fault the hand down on a triple, but the 3/3 was lovely to see.

If they keep going like this I see China being a super power in ladies as well. :)

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I'm nervous for Adelina. It's hard for me watch her looking so scared like that. In the warm up she was taking big gulps of air and looked pale. I hope everything goes well for her, the pressure must be enormous for a 15 year old

Nadine

Record Breaker
Anothe wonderful by Zhu (btw she's the one that reminds me of Madison Chock).

Only fault, the fall on the 3S, but nice comeback with the 3/2 and the 2A. Beautiful lines, nice choreography, flexible, but slow.

Still, good job!!!! :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Not really a fan of Geng or her routine so wasn't paying attention, but think she completed all her elements.

Though I do have to say loooooved her Caroline Zhang Pearl Spin at the end.

Nice to see Chen Lu's old coach in the background, then Adelina's entrance in the background as well, reminiscent of when Evgeni Plushenko enters the building...

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Adelina Sotnikova's costume has to be one of the ugliest things I've ever seen in ladies' skating. And with the fall, this is probably not the debut she'd been hoping for. I wonder how much pressure she's been feeling with Tukt's great showing last weekend.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Too bad about the fall, but I think this Bolero program has great potential -- strong and powerful.