Ladies Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short Program

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Yeah, her upper body looked very tense, and she didn't look like she was enjoying herself out there. Actually, I liked the program, though.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
You could tell she was so nervous, my heart breaks for her. She is such a talented young girl. British guys loved her.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Knew Adelina would fall b/c when she first came out to the ice she slipped a bit, nervous, thus not surprising she fell on her opening 3L jump.

Elizaveta has a VERY important edge over her, that's being able to compete under pressure, ala Michelle Kwan.

But other than the fall everything else was MAGNIFICENT!!!! She has charisma, she *makes* you watch her, perfect music for the perfect beautiful ladies skater.

Her spins are super fast, but don't like the broken leg look.

We shall see where she places...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wow, Adelina still in the lead with the fall. Shows how great of a skater she is.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Christina Gao does a 3F-3T only to fall on a 2A. Ahhh her nemesis is back.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Other than the fall on the 2A, Gao's jumps were super, just like Agnes's are. :)

Still, I don't like the music, choreography, costume, nor packaging. Do away with the bangs, get some super powerful music (like Adelina's) and show off those jumps!

Too pretty pretty for me.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Other than the fall on the 2A, Gao's jumps were super, just like Agnes's are. :)

Still, I don't like the music, choreography, costume, nor packaging. Do away with the bangs, get some super powerful music (like Adelina's) and show off those jumps!

Too pretty pretty for me.

I agree. That bangs are not flattering.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The scores are quite close for the first group. 1-4 only separated by 1.75.

ETA: Depending on how the second group does, we could see one or even two Chinese skaters in the second flight for the FS.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Not surprised Adelina is in 1st place, she skates FAST, and has super technique on her jumps. As well she is aesthetically beautiful and is creative.

Bit surprised about Gao being in 4th place, but I noticed she skates slow, and the 2A really hurt her.

I just really wanted to see Adelina, but will watch Carolina & Mirai as well.

Thus far Mirai has been a huge disappointment (as well as Rachael). And Carolina is too safe of a skater for me, as well as Alissa. Other than Adelina there isn't much to get excited about for me personally, though I did enjoy Ashley's skates at SC (still think she should've won Nationals in 2008).

Mens has been my new favorite discipline since Evgeni's tour de force comeback in 2009/10! :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Solid effort by Valetina; I'd score her behind the Chinese skaters.

ETA: Yep.

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Soon as I heard the hideous music by the Italian skater, I stopped watching, period.

And still deciding if I will watch the others, hmmm....

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
And Ksenia falls hard on the first 3T AGAIN. What is up with her?

Nadine

Record Breaker
Gee, Markarova is a mess, fall on opening jump, then tree turns into 3R jumps was slooooooooow, not wonder she fell on it as well.

Don't like the tarted up look of her, nor the pretty pretty music. *bleh* :p

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Ksenia's SP is absolutely gorgeous, both music and choreography. Good God girl, skate it cleanly at least one time, ok?(if anyone know the music I would appreciate, I had a hard time trying to find it out)

EDIT: british guys just told me the music :)

evangeline

Record Breaker
Don't like the tarted up look of her, nor the pretty pretty music. *bleh* :p

How on earth was Ksenia's look "tarted up"? Pale blue dress, fairly demure makeup....her look was about as tarted up as her music.

Last edited:

alexeifan

On the Ice
Ksenia really is having some mental issues with that opening jump, she needed that out of the way by nationals. I'll bet she misses it there as well, maybe they should re choreograph.

Last edited:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Kanako landed everything but her solo 3Loop was 2footed and maybe "<". I'm not sure about her rotation on the 3T from the 3F-3T but this will lead