Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Ladies - Long Program

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I know that she's been having lip problems with the flip, but why the lack of a 3S? I wonder why skaters have such difficulty with it when it's supposedly the easiest jump.
    Mirai's salchow has been missing since fall 2009. She and Alissa both struggle to get the height or distance on their salchows needed to fully rotate. Alissa has doubled her salchow both times in competition this season--she probably realizes once she's in the air that she's not going to be able to rotate a third time without falling.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    That's proven by how many of the ladies (including Carolina) are copying Alissa's style of skating.
    I really dont see it, but at least I d prefer the non forced artistry of Mao to be copied.
    Carolina s style doesnt look similar to Alisa btw.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    I really dont see it, but at least I d prefer the non forced artistry of Mao to be copied.
    Carolina s style doesnt look similar to Alisa btw.
    I'm very confused by that comment from Art&Sport too. I don't see anyone copying Alissa either. She's not the first lyrical skater on the planet. As for the argument that Kostner was sloppy in places, well, Mirai was too as evidenced by the wrong edge calls and under-rotations she received on both of her passes at the 3Lutz. Nagasu doesn't have anywhere near Kostner's range in musical interpretation either and from all the ladies I've seen so far this season, Caro's choreography is definitely the best over everybody, IMO.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 11-05-2011 at 09:26 AM.

1. Carolina Kostner's style is nothing like Alissa Czisny's.
    2. Kostner made her senior international debut in 2003, when Czisny was still skating junior, and is the more accomplished of the two; why would she feel the need to "copy" Czisny's style?
    3. I agree with those who said that Kostner has the best programs among the ladies this season.
    4. Both Czisny and Kostner are lovely skaters.

Custom Title
    Carolina's artistic style isn't anything like Alissa's. For one thing, Carolina's artistry consists of more than "HHHHHNNNNGGGHHHH" during spins elements and "worry face" during non-spin elements.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    Meh, re this event. Carolina was over-scored as usual. Her well-choreographed program does help her, but she was a bit sloppy in sections. Good to see Mirai attacking and presenting better here. I don't think Carolina has much over Mirai or Alissa, but I don't doubt the judges are setting up Carolina for gold at GPF and Worlds if they can. Hope Alissa keeps it together and upsets that notion, as Alissa with mistake-free programs is better artistically. That's proven by how many of the ladies (including Carolina) are copying Alissa's style of skating.
    Carolina has developed her own style, as has Alissa. Both competed against each other already at juniors and have since got their own way. Both have struggled with consistency and are now in a better control of skating. Carolina always was faster on the ice and better on jumps, Alissa better on spins. The total points are about the same if both go clean. But styles are far from each other and none are coping the other, they don't need it

Custom Title
    Carolina has become very consistent - even with the mistake on the last Salchow combo

Both Alissa and Carolina are gorgeous, mature skaters. I like both of them.

Poor Mao, it's not going to be very easy this season.

I think people might be seeing more similarity between Carolina and Alissa than there actually is, because they're both really tall and lean.. so therefore they look similar while skating. I personally don't think there is that much similarity between the two, and I think Carolina skates with much more speed - she doesn't have the spins of Alissa though of course.

Custom Title
    Alissa's power is her amazing spins.She "outspins" Carolina for sure.But Costner is more consistent in her jumps..To me they are no similar

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Itcaip View Post
    Poor Mao, it's not going to be very easy this season.
    This is going to be by far the easiest season for her to win the World title.

Custom Title
    Blades, how so? I mean, we have no idea where she's at with her jumps and while two of the five ladies that beat her at Worlds last season are gone, two of the others are skating quite well.

Custom Title
    Also, Mao has severe jump problems. I don't see this year as easy at all.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Mao does not have severe jump problems, LOL. She has problems consistently landing non-underrotated 3Axels and 3-3 combinations...and so does every other Senior lady competing. The way Mao skated at 4CC last season is the base line for how well she is going to skate at Worlds this season. Get back to me when Kostner or Czisny score 130 for a Long Program.

Custom Title
    Uh, Mao finished 6th at 2011 Worlds, scoring 114.13 in the FS. Her jump layout was 3a, 3f+2lo, 3z, 2a+3t-df<, 3f+2lo+2lo, 1s, 3lo. And that was one of her better performances last season.

We haven't seen Mao skate yet this season. Wait til next week.

Custom Title
    What has happened to Mira's speed? I know she skates too cautious when it comes to landing her jumps instead of attacking them but she should be faster then this. Looking at her she doesn't seem to be in shape and there is no excuse for that. If you want to be a champion you have to put in the work and i don't know if Mirai is willing. Also i much prefer to watch Adelina skate then Liza. Adelina looks like a lady out there not a 10 year old and she has wonderful skills. Nerves and i think a growth spurt hurt her here but she's much further along then Liza is. Liza's big advantage is being tiny and as Frank said rotating her jumps like a bat out of hell. Next year might be different when she's not 4'11 and 80 lbs.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast