Ladies - Long Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Long Program

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Makarova looks much better this year in terms of choreography and interpretation, but seems like she lost her jumps completely :( I wonder if we will see her in Russian team this season, so far younger ones like Shelepen look much more impressive.
Gao is too sloppy, I think she looked better last year. 3F-3T was good, but everything else is mediocre. And she is still boring, Libertango isn't for her at all

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Valentina Marchei (ITA)

Music: Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Minnie the Moocher by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
Jumping Jack by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

3Lz
3F - e
1S+1T
CCoSp
LSp
ChSp
1Lz
3T - hard fall, looked UR
1A
3S+2T
SlSt
FSSp

Not her day...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Makarova looks much better this year in terms of choreography and interpretation, but seems like she lost her jumps completely :( I wonder if we will see her in Russian team this season, so far younger ones like Shelepen look much more impressive.
Gao is too sloppy, I think she looked better last year. 3F-3T was good, but everything else is mediocre. And she is still boring, Libertango isn't for her at all

I think it's good she's challenging herself to do new types of programs. I don't think it's a complete miss. I really like the step sequence and I can see her really working it as she gets more comfortable with it.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I didn't watch the Italian skater, nor did I watch her SP, just isn't my type of skater.

Nothing against her, also I don't like her music.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Bingwa Geng (CHN)

Music: Sylvia

3Lz - stepout
2A+2T+2Lo
3T+2T - 2footed
CCoSp
ChSp
2Lz
3S
FCSp
3T - fall
2A
SlSt
LSp - nice arch and Biellmann, a lot of the younger Chinese girls have this layback.

She will probably drop in the ranking

Nadine

Record Breaker
I love Geng's Caroline Zhang Pearl Spin, too bad about the fall and little bobbles here and there, the most noticeable the stop after the 2L, just odd/weird moment, and then the huge GASP from the crowd when she fell. :(

Still, I like this skater, nice sense of musicality. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Adelina Sotnikova has such a beautiful doll face, reminds me of the phenomenal artistic gorgeous 1996 Olympic Womens Gold Medal Champion in the All-Around in Gymnastics ~ Lilia Podkopayeva! :cool:

What a star Adelina can be...

ps: love her lavendar costume. Minimal makeup, beautiful, doesn't need a ton of cosmetics to show off her natural beauty. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Zhang has to work on her line and artistry, but thus far she's the best female jumper out of the Chinese women. The height she gets on her lutz and flip is amongst the best in the world imho. :cool:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Missed Kexin Zhang's skate due to effed up Eurosport player

Score: 100.47 (new PB), total 153.32 (new PB) and into 1st

BackStage Barbie

On the Ice
Adelina Sotnikova has such a beautiful doll face, reminds me of the phenomenal artistic gorgeous 1996 Olympic Womens Gold Medal Champion in the All-Around in Gymnastics ~ Lilia Podkopayeva! :cool:

What a star Adelina can be...

ps: love her lavendar costume. Minimal makeup, beautiful, doesn't need a ton of cosmetics to show off her natural beauty. :)

I never realized it but she does look like Podkipayeva!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kanako Murakami

3Lz - e
3Lo - perhaps UR
LSp
3F - fall
FSSp
ChSp
3Lo+1A+SEQ - 3Lo perhaps UR
3F+2A+SEQ
2T
SlSt
3S+2Lo+2Lo - perhaps 2footed on 3S
CCoSp

Not her best... will it be enough for a medal?

Nadine

Record Breaker
Weak program from Murakami, fall and just seemed weak overall.

Knew she was going to fall on the 3F b/c her chest almost touched the ground beforehand.

Then the 3R into 1A and things like that I didn't like.

Oh well, onto the next skater.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I think it's interesting that Kanako is a year older, but it seems that she and Adelina are about the same height...

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Adelina Sotnikova

3Lz+3Lo - nice! flutz, though
3F
3S
1Lz
ChSp
CSp
2A - bad landing, no 3T
3Lo
2A - stepout