Men - Long Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Men - Long Program

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jeremy Abbott is IMO the current generation of skaters' answer to John Curry and Robin Cousins. He can compete with anyone in the world in terms of choreography and musical interpretation. His skating skills and transitions are among the very best in the world too! Now if his TES scores could come up to where the PCS scores are and if he can continue to build on improving his consistency and increasing his momentum, he can present a challenge to the world for being on the World podium, where he belongs. Dance on, Jeremy, to the very top of the podium! :love::)

I am very sad for Artur Gachinski.:cry: I wanted him to do much better! Oh well, there is always the next competition to look forward to and build from. :yes:

Last edited:
J

JEve3

Was the ice condition a problem?
Seems the top 4 going in all had jump issues-odd
Still, the best overall skater won.
Happy for all on the podium.

fairly4

Medalist
good job to all ; congratulanan song for winning the fs.
congratulations to all medalist.

treeloving

Medalist
I just come back from watch this event live, it such a shame because if Yuzuru didn't skip his last salcow he would likely to win. Anyway "what if" is "what if" and he is already improve much more from 4CC. His long program is so great, but relatively his performance is still a bit immature compare to other top guys.

Anyway, his short program is much better live than in youtube, I enjoy it very much.

Nan Song had skate of his life. Loudest cheer!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Jeremy is back. Hm, how many icons can I use? :thumbsup: :rock: :party: :clap: :party2:
I'll save the 9 points/10 points till worlds ;-)

I've only seen Jeremy so far but that program was a masterpiece. It's right up there with D/W's free this program as World Champion material but more than that, it's something people will watch over and over for the mesmerizing beauty and the way he makes all that complexity so effortless.

The only thing is, I don't really understand how he won with all the mistakes on the jumps... but I haven't seen the others yet. If only he can skate this with fewer errors in the future. Wonder if he can ever get that quad - should he take it out? Not that the fall disrupted his concentration...

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
For those who have written Oda off the Japanese team, note that so far he has the highest standing and the most GP points among the Japanese Men, with another chance to medal at TEB (a tough field but still a good possibility) while Takahashi and Kozuka will battle each other at NHK, leaving one with at best 24 points and unlikely to make it to the GPF. Hanyu, of course, is already out.

Methinks the declarations of Oda's demise is premature and exaggerated, however assuredly the political basis of such concludion is presumed and constructed. Ditto for Abbott.

Last edited:

emma

Record Breaker
I wasn't able to watch this competition - but loved reading your comments, and thanks so much for the link to Abbot's LP. I am in love with this program!

Art&Sport

Medalist
Clearly the judges would have had it: Gachinski, Hanyu, Abbott, but for Gachinksi and Hanyu making one too many mistakes (i.e., falling apart in their free programs). I think Hanyu has beautiful programs and I would have had him in first after the short program, and Jeremy in second, with Gachinski third (he is way too stiff). Overall, it is Jeremy who is the creative and experienced skater. I'm so glad the judges did not reward the number of mistakes made by the younger guys. Jeremy should see the work he needs to do and also gain confidence from this win.

gmyers, CoC may have been as affected by the poorly instituted IJS, but CoC was a better men's competition than the one at Skate America. I'd put Skate Canada's men's competition at the top of the list for better comp.

wallylutz

Medalist
I do love this program from Yuzuru....but yeah he's got to figure out his stamnia issues.

Subjectively speaking, Hanyu's aesthetic presentation of himself left a lot to be desired, similar to Kevin Reynolds although not as messy as the latter. His upper movements came across as a little mechanical as opposed to reflecting the mood of the music. I noted his arms remained rigid and forceful even though the music soften up in the middle section and slowed down. And when he fell, he looked shocked and disoriented, just sat there as opposed to getting up quickly. I think this kid still has a long way to go if he wants that spot on the Japanese World team this year.

Art&Sport

Medalist
^^ Yes you said it Buttercup. Savor the moment, and pray for more! Wow, sending Jeremy all the best to keep improving his programs this season and to be great at Nats, stunning at Worlds. Show them you can land the quad (which is nothing but an extra revolution and I don't like it, but you can do it Jere -- let it meld with your program and not take away from your gorgeous program). Jeremy for top of the podium YAY!!!

What a crazy IJS. To me (as I mentioned in the sp thread), Hanyu and Gachinski still have juniorish skater qualities about them. So what they can land quads? I think Hanyu has better ss and more budding artistry than Gachinski (send him to ballet, Mishin), but as some have posted, Hanyu's coaches need to help him find a way to address his stamina issues.

My favorite men's programs so far: Dai sp; Jeremy fp; Adam sp; Ross fp; Jason B -- both programs

Art&Sport

Medalist
You forgot Dornbush.

I really like Ricky, and loved his fp last year. This year both his programs are good, but he's got to go out there and try to skate without putting extra pressure on himself. Too bad re training the quad, b/c maybe Ricky wouldn't be having such problems with missing jumps -- he was so consistent last year. Great that he moved up in the placements at CoC. Wonder what if ... if he'd landed that quad cleanly along with 3-axel in the sp.

ETA: Ha ha, I suppose your fave programs this season are headed by Chan

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I really like Ricky, and loved his fp last year. This year both his programs are good, but he's got to go out there and try to skate without putting extra pressure on himself. Too bad re training the quad, b/c maybe Ricky wouldn't be having such problems with missing jumps -- he was so consistent last year. Great that he moved up in the placements at CoC. Wonder what if ... if he'd landed that quad cleanly along with 3-axel in the sp.

ETA: Ha ha, I suppose your fave programs this season are headed by Chan

I think Richard will have it by Nationals. Now that his GP season is over, he has two months to really work on those programs and the quad. Nationals is going to be CRAZY if these guys keep up the good work.

You have no less than four guys (at this point) that can make the world team as well as 5-6 guys that are total dark horses. And we haven't even seen them all yet.

Last edited: