Men - Long Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men - Long Program

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Nan brings it with 2 quads and I think five triples. I think he lacks in the artistry department, but he should be able to get enough TES to lead for now...

Nadine

Record Breaker
OMG, I love this guy! :) Holy Smokes, was that two quads! One a 4/3 to boot! And then that 3A, choreography, moves out of the Bolshoi Ballet, I knew this guy was special the first time I saw him skate at SA last year. He deserves to be in 1st place by a huge score, indeed! :cool: :cool:

Right up there with the best in the world!

CONGRATULATIONS, NAN SONG, CONGRATULATIONS (you just made a name for yourself on the world stage)!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Holy cow 86.45 in TES! That's the highest TES in the GP so far!! WHEW! He did beat Richard in PCS, but that's not surprising given that there tends to be a reward for difficulty in PCS).

Nadine

Record Breaker
ps: I was smiling throughout, kept getting better & better, then the tiny blip with the 3A/1T, but he came back fighting and expressive with those flicks of his glorious fingers (reminiscent of Lilia Podkopayeva during her 1996 Olympic Floor routine). :cool:

sunny0760

On the Ice
Go Nan Song~~~~!

I am so happy! He really looked happy at K&C!
Actually, his SP was deserved higher, I think. Great improvement from a little disappointing last season.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I don't know I felt Oda was a bit tentative throughout, and I didn't really like his program, I personally would put Nan Song ahead of him.

We shall see...

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Nobunari Oda

Music: Les Parapluies de Cherbourg by Michel Legrand

3A+2T+2Lo
3Lz+3T
3Lo
3F - hand down/fall
SlSt
FCSp
3A
3S
3F+2T
2A
CCoSp
CSSp
ChSt

Not sure what I feel about this program, not much expression. No quad - is he still injured, or is he playing it safe?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I don't know I felt Oda was a bit tentative throughout, and I didn't really like his program, I personally would put Nan Song ahead of him.

We shall see...

I actually really like this program. It will be close, but I can see Nobu passing on his PCS scores.

ETA: Opps, misread what he needed to beat Nam. I change my mind, I think he'll end up behind him.

ETA2: I should have stuck with my first assessment. PCS gets him past Song. Barely.

Last edited:

Okami

On the Ice
I don't know I felt Oda was a bit tentative throughout

It was tentative - his injury is not healed yet. But it was a good effort considering the last time I saw him in practice he barely could do double loops. I liked the program, choreo-wise. TES will be low (no quad, probles with 3F and 2A) but he should get pretty decent PCS.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Jeremy Abbott (USA)

Music: Exogenesis: Symphony, Part 3 by Muse

4T - fall
3A
CSSp
3F
CiSt - fast and smooth
1A
3Lz+2T+2Lo
3Lo
3S+2T
FUSp
ChSt
2A
CCoSp

I like this program for Abbott. But his technical program is not high enough in this field.