What so rofl about his comment?
    He/she was being sarcastic...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aemeraldrainc View Post
    He/she was being sarcastic...
    About hanyu doing 60 summer shows?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aemeraldrainc View Post
    Uhh, it's not sarcastic at all. Who in the world would joke about something as serious as that?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    Uhh, it's not sarcastic at all. Who in the world would joke about something as serious as that?
    I know that's why i was kinda shocked that he/she would laugh at it. I was aware that Hanyu was on the ice during the quake and that he had to evacuate w/his skates on, maybe he/she is laughing about the number of shows hanyu did since it seems a lot for just one summer.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FTnoona View Post
    I know that's why i was kinda shocked that he/she would laugh at it. I was aware that Hanyu was on the ice during the quake and that he had to evacuate w/his skates on, maybe he/she is laughing about the number of shows hanyu did since it seems a lot for just one summer.
    Maybe they just interpreted it wrong; 60 shows in one off-season is almost improbable, but Hanyu did seem to appear in almost every single show in Japan this summer (and they have a lot!)

Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    Okk, nevermind then.
    I thought you were making fun of the way everyone is OMG! He's from Sendai! His rink is STILL closed and ALL rinks in the area are COMPLETELY FULL. He has participated in ALL (like 60) ice shows in Japan!

When the fact is that his rink has been open since July(according to a poster on FSU) and I find it hard to believe in complete absolutes.
    Call me jaded or blame it on FSU. Lol. (Again, where's the slink away smilie when you need it? )
    But I realize this is not FSU.(Eventhough many of the same people come here, too.)
    So I apologize. I shouldn't have assumed. And it is a serious matter that shouldn't be taken lightly.
    Nevermind.
    Moving on...

Tripping on the Podium
    Yeah, it's true that he appeared 60 shows in this summer.
    http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/n...05-859329.html

Also, check out his practise time this season. It's pretty short.
    http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00010967.htm

Custom Title
    Yuzuru definitely can become stronger but I'm not sure how much his asthma will limit him. He IS only 16, though, it feels like we've been hearing about him forever!

Custom Title
    I would actually love to see Jeremy work with Jeffrey Buttle on choreography. Anyone agree?

Custom Title
    that would be wonderful!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    I don't count anybody out. Just doubting Hanyu will realize his potential so young and early, especially with the major hindrance of having asthma.

Yuzuru is the little brother among the Japanese big guys and skating like it. A little time will change that. He still needs to grow, physically and mentally. That's exactly what he's doing but something cannot be rushed.
    This I agree with you.

Regarding the discussion about his rink in Sendai, it has already reopened, there is a heart warming news report about this but I cannot find it now.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by draqq View Post
    I would actually love to see Jeremy work with Jeffrey Buttle on choreography. Anyone agree?
    That would be a fun experiment. I recall Jeffrey stating before on his twitter account that Jeremy reminds him the most of himself than any other skater competing now. I foresee a successful move into choreographing similar to Buttle in Abbott's future when he finally does decide to hang up his skates competitively. His programs this season are exquisite and magical I think.

Custom Title
    I wish Jeremy would recycle his Life Is Beautiful into a show program.

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    Yuzuru definitely can become stronger but I'm not sure how much his asthma will limit him. He IS only 16, though, it feels like we've been hearing about him forever!
    Asthma should not be a limiting factor. It is a highly manageable disease (i.e. when properly cared for, in the vast majority of patients there is little to no difference in developmental/performance aspects), and I'm sure his docs know what they are doing. It must be something else that left him underconditioned.

Anyway, I wish him the best for his future. He is enjoyable and talented and seems like a very nice kid.
    Last edited by prettykeys; 11-07-2011 at 02:41 AM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Do the drugs that are best for controlling asthma show up as doping drugs in doping tests?

Does anyone here know?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast