Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Men - Long Program

What should I say about this competition. Only 1.96 points between Jeremy and Yuzuru. I am happy Jeremy, Nobu, Nan on the podium, but I do want Yuzuru to win.

I love Jeremy's programs. Beautiful music, beautiful skating.

As for Nobu's music, I don't like this arrangement. I love this movie and music, but in this arrangement I felt as if two different music were played. His landings are really nice to see, very beautiful and smooth.

I haven't watched Nan's performance yet, but it's nice he is on after disappointed senior debut.

Yuzuru... I noticed he didn't got edge call on his flip. He fixed his edge in this short period? Then, this may affect his Lutz.
    Last edited by Morning Glory; 11-05-2011 at 07:31 AM.

Custom Title
    Bad news about Hanyu and Gachinski falling off the podium. Just like Euros this year when it looked like Gachinski, AModio and Brezina and then Joubert and Verner come back and medal. Abbott and Oda showed that with mistakes they can beat new people who are are clean or have equal mistakes. Obviously Abbott is not going anywhere with a freeskate with one triple axel! He fell on a rotated quad and singled an axel or a flying upright spin and a 3S+2T combo! This comp turned out worse than Skate America!

Congrats to Jeremy, Oda and Song. Very nice podium.

Jeremy's program was brilliant

In the void
    Two programs which were not clean - but if you watch Abbott and Gachinski you can see the difference good choreography AND good interpretation makes. It's pure joy to watch Abbott and simply boring to watch Gachinski. Imho of course, but I'd say this is not only taste but a matter of quality.

Custom Title
    I already knew Song is a very good jumper always doing a gorgeous 3A but I see he is also a better skater than I had imagined. To see this improvement is stunning. His SP yesterday had a good attack and energy too so if his PCS had been a little more generous, he would have won this event. This FS was, what would I say, squeaky clean. What a skate! He even showed some personality and presence. I clapped all the time in front of my moniter. Well, as his bronze is surprising enough, the third place might be even better than the first place. He has no fear to lose. I am so excited for Chinese men. Han Yan and now Nan Song! Get good choreographers to them.

Jeremy, you were poetic! Jeremy and Yuka co-choreoed this? Wow! So so about the costume but if compared to last year's disastrous one, this is so much better. I don't think Jeremy and Yuka Sato have a very good sense about this area. But OK. Don't like popping jumps. His spins look better than last season. Jumps are not there yet.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Jeremy Abbott is IMO the current generation of skaters' answer to John Curry and Robin Cousins. He can compete with anyone in the world in terms of choreography and musical interpretation. His skating skills and transitions are among the very best in the world too! Now if his TES scores could come up to where the PCS scores are and if he can continue to build on improving his consistency and increasing his momentum, he can present a challenge to the world for being on the World podium, where he belongs. Dance on, Jeremy, to the very top of the podium!

I am very sad for Artur Gachinski. I wanted him to do much better! Oh well, there is always the next competition to look forward to and build from.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 11-05-2011 at 09:39 AM.

Rinkside
    Was the ice condition a problem?
    Seems the top 4 going in all had jump issues-odd
    Still, the best overall skater won.
    Happy for all on the podium.

Custom Title
    good job to all ; congratulanan song for winning the fs.
    congratulations to all medalist.

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    I want to see, but they are not up on YouTube yet

Jeremy's is posted on his Facebook page.

Custom Title
    I just come back from watch this event live, it such a shame because if Yuzuru didn't skip his last salcow he would likely to win. Anyway "what if" is "what if" and he is already improve much more from 4CC. His long program is so great, but relatively his performance is still a bit immature compare to other top guys.

Anyway, his short program is much better live than in youtube, I enjoy it very much.

Nan Song had skate of his life. Loudest cheer!

Jeremy is back. Hm, how many icons can I use?
    I'll save the 9 points/10 points till worlds ;-)

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    I've only seen Jeremy so far but that program was a masterpiece. It's right up there with D/W's free this program as World Champion material but more than that, it's something people will watch over and over for the mesmerizing beauty and the way he makes all that complexity so effortless.

The only thing is, I don't really understand how he won with all the mistakes on the jumps... but I haven't seen the others yet. If only he can skate this with fewer errors in the future. Wonder if he can ever get that quad - should he take it out? Not that the fall disrupted his concentration...

Custom Title
    For those who have written Oda off the Japanese team, note that so far he has the highest standing and the most GP points among the Japanese Men, with another chance to medal at TEB (a tough field but still a good possibility) while Takahashi and Kozuka will battle each other at NHK, leaving one with at best 24 points and unlikely to make it to the GPF. Hanyu, of course, is already out.

Methinks the declarations of Oda's demise is premature and exaggerated, however assuredly the political basis of such concludion is presumed and constructed. Ditto for Abbott.
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 11-05-2011 at 11:41 AM.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast