... stream effed up, what did I miss?
PCoSp
3LoTh - she falls
ChSp
Li
3STh - hand down
FCCoSp
Li

Not their best either. What is wrong with the 2nd warm-up group?

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kavaguti/Smirnov

Music: Clair de Lune by Claude Debussy

3T+3T+SEQ - shaky, the 2nd 3T is doubled
3Tw
3STh
BiDs
FCSp
ChSp
2A
3LoTh - perhaps hand down
Li
Li
Li
PCoSp

Should easily be enough for gold

Last edited:

beep_beep

Medalist
K/S...

This program is a masterpiece, Moskovina at her very best :love:
In a class of their own.

Yeah she landed the 3loop...

Buttercup

Record Breaker
K/S were gorgeous! I love this program for them and they performed it so well. Smirnov has improved so much over the years, and they just looked great together. I really hope they regain their national title because their programs are way better than V/T's.

And though it's quite different from S/S's Pina, I think this too is a much dancier program than some of the actual dance programs this season.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kavaguti/Smirnov's tech score i rather low - 4th highest in this field. Did they get an element invalidated?

mousepotato

On the Ice
Kavaguti/Smirnov's tech score i rather low - 4th highest in this field. Did they get an element invalidated?

All of the elements counted but the twist, spins, ds were all low levels and the first jumps were only counted as a 3T+2T, I don't know who doubled, I didn't see it.

For a first outing it was pretty good and will get even better in a few week. Moskvina is great but Peter Tchernyshev choreagraphed both programs and deserves the credit here.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Amanda & Mark skated two wonderful programs and did a great job in a tough field! Nice start to the season for them. :)

The first group was cleaner than the second group but K&S did skate a beautiful program too.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Amanda & Mark skated two wonderful programs and did a great job in a tough field! Nice start to the season for them. :)

The first group was cleaner than the second group but K&S did skate a beautiful program too.

Indeed, fourth is quite decent considering all the powerhouses they were playing against. This should make nationals interesting. Personally, I know there's a lot of hype for D/C, but I think E/L's programs are better choreographed and they have a more complete package (especially with the lifts -- gosh D/C has some ugly lifts!) I'd like to see them go for the win at Nationals this year, especially since they've been second the last two years.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Unless Pang & Tong return for Worlds the podium will be the Germans and the top 2 Russian pairs in some order. Book it. I bet the Chinese federation will be praying their #1 team Pang & Tong return soon as they are never medalling with either the Zhangs or Sui & Han this year. Sui & Han are their future and best hopes for 2014 and 2018 but clearly not ready yet.

mousepotato

On the Ice
YES! The Zhangs can get more boring, be careful what you wish for :biggrin:

P/T competed all last season with a weak field and dropped from a world gold to a world bronze; I doubt with how good some of these pairs are (and will be by March) they can beat many of them without competing all season.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Pang & Tong still have a much better chance to medal at Worlds than either the Zhangs or Sui & Han. The Zhangs would need 1 of the current top 3 to crash and burn badly to move ahead of any of them, and there are numerous others who can beat them if they stop making mistakes (they were lucky in their two GP events that teams like Barazova & Larionov, Sui & Han, and even Moore-Towers & Mosckovitch with their 2 falls here made so many). Sui & Han arent even close to ready to win a World medal. Whenever Pang & Tong return they will easily step back into the role of China's #1 team. Sui & Han arent ready for it yet, and the Zhangs are merely a last resort option as their peak was already several years back and even that wasnt good enough to win a major title.