Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: We Have Sadam

Skating Soprano

We Have Sadam

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3708151/...om/id/3708151/

I think this is great. I really do. Im supprised that there isnt a thread already, actually.

Rogue Leader
    Maybe everyone is glued to the news. I'll have to admit I'm shocked. I never thought they'd get him.

Maybe hell did freeze over last night!

Cactus
    George W. Bush to Pentagon underlings, "Noo! This is too soon before the election!"
    Dick Cheney, "There, there, we still have Osama in the wings."

Wonderful timing on the Saddam capture. The world gets rid of one awful tyrant for good, and it gives the US population just enough time to forget all about it come time to depose their native tyrant: George W. Bush.

Cactus although I disagree with you on the Dr./skater thing I TOTALLY agree with you about George W.

Piel

Minusaramadad from Arctaroon John King's Avatar

We Have Saddam

Cactus,such a gratuitous remark about President Bush is an insult to the untold thousands who died at the hands of Saddam.In America,as in Canada,there is democracy.

Custom Woman
    Originally posted by Piel
    Maybe hell did freeze over last night!
    Piel, I know it was damn cold in NY! But then it's traditionally been a Democrat state.

Still, gotta give Dubya his due. He got his man and it was his day. Speaking of days...

Cactus,
    ROFLMAO! You may get dinged for that by some as the thread gets longer, but I sure loved it. The Republicans are coming to NYC to have their convention in August. It's good to know that the Evil Empire of the US for the GOP four years ago and especially in '92 when the Dems had their convention here is now embraced as "a place of national honor." Yeah, wait till the drag queens storm the Garden.
    Rgirl

Re: We Have Saddam

Originally posted by John King
    Cactus,such a gratuitous remark about President Bush is an insult to the untold thousands who died at the hands of Saddam.In America,as in Canada,there is democracy.
    thank you for letting me know I am not the only one who can show support for the US of A and our President!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!! YEAY BUSH!!!!

Last edited by Tonichelle; 12-15-2003 at 02:03 PM.

Maybe now we can make Saddam Hussein tell us where he hid the weapons of mass destruction.

Mathman

Kwan's vodka dealer VIETgrlTerifa's Avatar
    Hee Hee Cactus...love your remark regarding Bush.

Skater Girl

Thumbs up

Eenie meenie miney mo
    Catch Saddam by the toe
    If he hollers hear him say
    I surrender, USA!

A friend told me that. :D

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?
    Thanks Cactus! Loved your comments!

eliza88

Originally posted by Lanie
    Eenie meenie miney mo
    Catch Saddam by the toe
    If he hollers hear him say
    I surrender, USA!

A friend told me that. :D
    AWESOME! I love it!

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    There is much jubilation for the time being, unfortunatley due to "man's inhumanity to man" someone else will just take Sadam's place.
    Last edited by Ladskater; 12-15-2003 at 10:00 PM.

Cactus, I enjoyed your comments, too.

I'm glad Saddam was captured, but it's not the end of the story, yet. Our boys and girls won't be coming home tommorrow because of the capture. Based upon his living conditions, it is highly unlikely that Saddam orchestrated all those attacks upon the coalitions forces and the shiite leaders. This area has always been very volatile for many reasons - even before oil was discovered there. The chaos has left the borders open to Al Quada operatives. There are 3 different native factions battling for control. Strong anti-American sentiment exists throughout the entire region.

It's going to take a lot of time to bring a stable peace to Iraq (let alone to the Middle East) and even then I think it would always be precarious because of all the rival factions. The US's best hope should be government that is friendly to the US and humane to its people. It is not reasonable to expect an American democracy in that area and would be wrong of us to try to impose it upon them. I just hope we back the right parties.

As we've said before, not supporting Bush does not equal not supporting the troops. They've done their duty, but I don't think Bush has done his, as far as foreign policy is concerned. JMHO.

One of the things that makes this country great is that we can express disapproval of our leadership. If we didn't have that right, we would be living under the same tyranny as the Iraqui's have been for the last several years.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast