Doesn't Song have a chance as well? I always find this very confusing, so I usually let others do the math.
Okay, pairs isn't fixed - Bertron/Hotarek can beat D/R if they get in second.
Thanks for all the scenarios, IP.
Ladies is not done, though. All 3 (Leonova, Asada and Sotnikova) have a chance to earn a spot, and only 2 will go.
Let me have a try at the Ladies:
If Alena wins...she will have 26 points. This means:
- Mao is in if she wins silver and Adelina is out (26 vs. 22 points)
- If Adelina gets Silver, she must beat Mao by 24.24 points to break the first tiebreaker get into the GPF
If Alena just gets a medal:
- If she gets Silver (24) she will go with who ever of Mao or Adelina gets gold (28 vs. 26 points)
Imai is still in it with a 4th place finish. The only way she will have a chance is if she wins (24 points):
- Adelina will be in if she wins silver, beat Mao by 24.24 points (if Mao wins bronze) for the tie breaker or if Alena wins bronze instead (24 vs 22 points)
- Alena will be in with a silver if Mao wins bronze if she can beat Mao by 13.51 points or Adelina gets bronze (again 24 vs. 22 points)
But I'm placing my bets that Adelina and Mao will win with a 1+2 finish.
awww, I'm sorry!! My head spun just reading those so I can only imagine what it was to map it all out.
But doesn't Alena's only first two competitions count? Her 4th at SC and 3rd at CoC? So therefore her placement does not matter at CoR? Unless something changed and I was not aware of it, haha.
No, the top two events count, pista. There was some confusion when the ISU released the information but yes, Alena can alter her point total.
For example, Here's the ladies line-up. Kostner's first event was SA, but that will not contribute to her GP standings, since her score in TEB was higher (and she won CoC).
men: hanyu,fernandez, abott, brezina, takahashi,chan