Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Emanuel Sandhu makes a return to competition!

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Sandhu is 31 and he is eying a comeback? Wait a sec! Isn't Michelle 31...?
    oh dear lord...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Sandhu is 31 and he is eying a comeback? Wait a sec! Isn't Michelle 31...?
    Mathman, OTOH, has a very different perspective in viewing all events in skating.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    oh dear lord...
    Think in another way, your adored Ryan can make a comeback at anytime given that he is younger than Emanuel and Michelle.

Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    Think in another way, your adored Ryan can make a comeback at anytime given that he is younger than Emanuel and Michelle.
    no if we're going to dream as MM does... then I want Kurt back competing...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    But you refuse to analyze every other skater in those terms, which makes it a frustrating and poor tactic in terms of debate.
    Do you think he/she was aiming for a debate? It was obviously a distasteful attempt to rile up Chan's fans or to incite agreement from the non-Chan fans. In any case, the never-ending bile is getting old and I hope the non-Chan fans feel the same (ETA: obviously not).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    no if we're going to dream as MM does... then I want Kurt back competing...
    Nah, Kurt will have a 10 falls disadvantage vs. Chan. OTOH, Michelle could really do well in ladies today because most women struggle to master even just 5 different kind of Triples. Just imagine what she can do with her revamped Lyra Angelica.

if Kurt were to come back he'd be in top form or he wouldn't even try... he'd have the PCS hands down... Chan couldn't touch him :tongue:

Custom Title
    Nah, Kurt will have a 10 falls disadvantage vs. Chan. OTOH, Michelle could really do well in ladies today because most women struggle to master even just 5 different kind of Triples. Just imagine what she can do with her revamped Lyra Angelica.
    Re Michelle, I think so, too. But I don't think her mind is on competitive skating any more.

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    As for your advice to me about criticizing posters via PM rather than a public post, is there a reason why this is addressed to me and not the poster who criticized PTfan? Be consistent at least.
    That's too much to ask. So much easier to complain openly and one-sidedly about it instead of doing as he suggests to others, by sending out PM's.

I wish Sandhu the best and am curious to see what may happen. I enjoyed his skating when he was "on". I would welcome Michelle Kwan and Kurt Browning back too, if they wanted to try.

Banned
    I think Sandhu is in much better shape than many people would imagine. Here's a video clip of his performance at AOI Shang Hai in June, 2011.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx8n3pyz0MQ

At least he can still land beautiful 3t and 3loop. I'm excited.

Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    That's too much to ask. So much easier to complain openly and one-sidedly about it instead of doing as he suggests to others, by sending out PM's.

I wish Sandhu the best and am curious to see what may happen. I enjoyed his skating when he was "on". I would welcome Michelle Kwan and Kurt Browning back too, if they wanted to try.
    Kurt Browning: GOLD IS SOCHI!
    I'd watch...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skateflower View Post
    I think Sandhu is in much better shape than many people would imagine. Here's a video clip of his performance at AOI Shang Hai in June, 2011.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx8n3pyz0MQ

At least he can still land beautiful 3t and 3loop. I'm excited.
    Thanks for sharing this, I have to say I am very impressed by what I saw. Granted it's a show number and he didn't do very difficult Triples but everything else is top notch, including the quality of the jumps performed. From the standpoint of PCS, only the SS is inferior to Chan. Everything else, including TR, is at least equal if not superior. Being older has it benefits and his experience and talent for performance is quite unmatched. I can't believe he has been away for 4 years already because he skated so well that unlike some skaters who were only away for merely one year and came back to the Worlds and skated like they have been away for 5 years, slow, unpolished and maybe even forget what sportsmanship is in the process as well.

The key question for Emanuel is to be able to land difficult Triples in competition and keep his nerves in check. His problem has always been more mental than technical, we shall see if been away for 4 years help to transform his mindset for the better. If he can skate in competition like he did in this video + the jumps, I think Patrick Chan needs to watch out for Canadian Nationals.

Banned
    . If he can skate in competition like he did in this video + the jumps, I think Patrick Chan needs to watch out for Canadian Nationals.
    Even I'm excited about Sandhu, I dont believe Chan needs to watch out. Chan has always been overscored and nobody can beat him even if he falls 10 times at Canadian Nationals. If Miracle strikes, Sandhu might get on the podium and that should be enough for his fans.

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    OH GOODNESS SKATEFLOWER what are you doing to yourself! Time to bust out the popcorn and get myself a safe distance away...

Custom Title
    prettykeys, so you agree with what skateflower said?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast