Emanuel Sandhu makes a return to competition! | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Emanuel Sandhu makes a return to competition!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Think in another way, your adored Ryan can make a comeback at anytime given that he is younger than Emanuel and Michelle. :points:

no if we're going to dream as MM does... then I want Kurt back competing...

fscric

On the Ice
But you refuse to analyze every other skater in those terms, which makes it a frustrating and poor tactic in terms of debate.

Do you think he/she was aiming for a debate? It was obviously a distasteful attempt to rile up Chan's fans or to incite agreement from the non-Chan fans. In any case, the never-ending bile is getting old and I hope the non-Chan fans feel the same (ETA: obviously not).

wallylutz

Medalist
no if we're going to dream as MM does... then I want Kurt back competing...

Nah, Kurt will have a 10 falls disadvantage vs. Chan. :laugh: OTOH, Michelle could really do well in ladies today because most women struggle to master even just 5 different kind of Triples. Just imagine what she can do with her revamped Lyra Angelica. :bow:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
if Kurt were to come back he'd be in top form or he wouldn't even try... he'd have the PCS hands down... Chan couldn't touch him :tongue:

fscric

On the Ice
Nah, Kurt will have a 10 falls disadvantage vs. Chan. :laugh: OTOH, Michelle could really do well in ladies today because most women struggle to master even just 5 different kind of Triples. Just imagine what she can do with her revamped Lyra Angelica. :bow:

Re Michelle, I think so, too. But I don't think her mind is on competitive skating any more.

prettykeys

Medalist
As for your advice to me about criticizing posters via PM rather than a public post, is there a reason why this is addressed to me and not the poster who criticized PTfan? Be consistent at least.
That's too much to ask. So much easier to complain openly and one-sidedly about it instead of doing as he suggests to others, by sending out PM's.

I wish Sandhu the best and am curious to see what may happen. I enjoyed his skating when he was "on". I would welcome Michelle Kwan and Kurt Browning back too, if they wanted to try. ;)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
That's too much to ask. So much easier to complain openly and one-sidedly about it instead of doing as he suggests to others, by sending out PM's.

I wish Sandhu the best and am curious to see what may happen. I enjoyed his skating when he was "on". I would welcome Michelle Kwan and Kurt Browning back too, if they wanted to try. ;)

Kurt Browning: GOLD IS SOCHI!
I'd watch...

wallylutz

Medalist
I think Sandhu is in much better shape than many people would imagine. Here's a video clip of his performance at AOI Shang Hai in June, 2011.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx8n3pyz0MQ

At least he can still land beautiful 3t and 3loop. I'm excited.

Thanks for sharing this, I have to say I am very impressed by what I saw. Granted it's a show number and he didn't do very difficult Triples but everything else is top notch, including the quality of the jumps performed. From the standpoint of PCS, only the SS is inferior to Chan. Everything else, including TR, is at least equal if not superior. Being older has it benefits and his experience and talent for performance is quite unmatched. I can't believe he has been away for 4 years already because he skated so well that unlike some skaters who were only away for merely one year and came back to the Worlds and skated like they have been away for 5 years, slow, unpolished and maybe even forget what sportsmanship is in the process as well.

The key question for Emanuel is to be able to land difficult Triples in competition and keep his nerves in check. His problem has always been more mental than technical, we shall see if been away for 4 years help to transform his mindset for the better. If he can skate in competition like he did in this video + the jumps, I think Patrick Chan needs to watch out for Canadian Nationals.

skateflower

Match Penalty
. If he can skate in competition like he did in this video + the jumps, I think Patrick Chan needs to watch out for Canadian Nationals.

Even I'm excited about Sandhu, I dont believe Chan needs to watch out. Chan has always been overscored and nobody can beat him even if he falls 10 times at Canadian Nationals. If Miracle strikes, Sandhu might get on the podium and that should be enough for his fans.

prettykeys

Medalist
OH GOODNESS SKATEFLOWER what are you doing to yourself! Time to bust out the popcorn and get myself a safe distance away...

;)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Oooooh, Purple Rain! I remember it well.

Interpretation - 9.9

This news is such a happy surprise also because just yesterday I was thinking of Sandhu as a choreographer. He had so many memorable exhibition numbers that he choreographed himself, sometimes the night before. Such a gifted artist, unfortunately so stereotypically tortured and temperamental as well. He has kept himself in great physical shape and I hope the internal growth has given him strength and advantages he didn't have. As some of you may have noticed, I keep repeating the mind determines everything. Having a good mindset, Sandhu can truly explore and develop his many talents. He could be a great gift to skating.