Roster changes | Golden Skate

Roster changes

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
ZAHORSKI / MIART (FRA) have withdrawn and been replaced by CHOCK / BATES (USA).

Sarah HECKEN (GER) has withdrawn and has yet to be replaced.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Poor Tiffany & Alexis. :cry: I was so looking forward to seeing them skate. Hope Alexis' rehab is going ok.

On the other hand, if Chock/Bates to attend the TEB, does that mean they got BYE at the Pacific Sectionals? (11/15-11/19) :confused:

russell30

Final Flight
Joshi Helgesson will she get that spot? (instead of Hecken=W) Battle of the sisters

Can someone tell me why Elena Glebova did not get a spot on the Grand Prix, I thought she skated well at Finlandia (but i guess she did not get the minimum score to attend a GP am I right :(

BackStage Barbie

On the Ice
Glebova probably just wasn't selected for a Grand Prix because of her competitive history. It was much harder to get Grand Prix assignments with only 10 ladies per event an Leonova & Kostner taking 3 spots each.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I'm sad for Brian Joubert, but happy for the alternative skater who received the assignment. I am of the opinion not to waste precious little slots GP has created this season. Romain Ponsart will gain valuable experience.

I am still bummed for the unfilled male skater slot at COC due to Brian J's last minutes withdrawal. While we cannot plan for an unexpected injury, I was so hoping for Keegan Messing to receive at least one GP assignment. :mad:

Binthere

On the Ice
I agree. What is the point of having substitutes if they are not in fact used? This is a sport where the athletes spend such a disproportionate amount of time training, for very few 4 minutes opportunities to show the world what they can do. It seems so short sighted (and probably driven by $/expenses) to not have fill each slot to create what could be once in a lifetime and hard earned opportunities for athletes, and by the same token, a full slate of performances for the fans who have paid to watch an event.

If they kept the 12 spots and 2 dropped out just leave them vacant. Call the GP 10-12 slots with no replacements.