Best male skater in Canada right now?? | Golden Skate

Best male skater in Canada right now??

Who is Canada's international star right now?

• Jeff Buttle

Votes: 48 54.5%
  • Emanuel Sandhu

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • Chris Maybee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shawn Sawyer

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters

Antilles

Medalist
I voted Emanuel, becuase he has better luck with the quad. His dance training also comes through in his footwork, which is great. It was a tough decision though, because I really love Buttle, and they are both well-rounded skaters.

mike79

On the Ice
I picked Sandhu for two reasons. The first is because he can do the quad on a much more consistent basis than Buttle. The second is because Sandhu's skating (at least when he's on) is unbeatable IMO. His programs are amazing, especially that flamenco SP of his.

I would rank Buttle second, but it would be a close second. I can easily see how people would prefer him to Sandhu.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I love both Buttle and Sandhu, but I voted for Jeff.......his style reminds me of Paul Wylie and Petr Barna..........42

falula

Spectator
IMO Jeff dosn't have near the skating ability of Emanual so i would pick Emanual over Jeff anyday also when Eman is on he is ON :love: :)

shine

Record Breaker
No man in Canada besides Buttle comes close to Sandhu in terms of basic skating skills. And Jeff is still not nearly as powerful as Emanuel. Sandhu beats him hands down on ice coverage per stroke, ease of blades etc. Everything that Emanuel does just looks bigger. Sandhu also has better jump techniques (minus the flutz and occasional two-foot landing). Buttle will be amazing when he skates up to his potential, but Sandhu can be a god if he's on.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Because of Sandhu's recent success he is looking stronger, but I am partial to Jeff. He reminds me of Kurt Browning, the way he flows so effortlessly from one element to the next and his musicality sense is superb. I also like Sean Sawyer and am eagerly awaiting his "arrival" in the Sr. ranks. I know Jeff needs to really get those jumps solid, but man what flow and artistry!:love:

From ABC TV, I've only seen Ben Ferreiro once. He did not skate well competitively but I did note that he had a budding style and fairly good basics. I was impressed but since then nothing much has happened for him. I notices he came out second in the Canadian Nats. Hopefully I get to see him in 4C.

I think it's a tie between Buttle and Sandhu. Unless one of them takes a giant skate forward, they will be one or the other in competitions. One thing going for them is that they both have different styles. I like that.

Joe

supersk8er

Rinkside
Holy...I thought Emanuel would be the sure winner...I like Jeff Buttle, but I think Emanuel has more polish.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My vote goes to Emanuel. I just love watching him skate even when he is not on but ecstatic when he is.

Dee

ouridol

On the Ice
I PREFER Jeff, but I love Emanuel too! They are my favorite male skaters right now--both of them:D

aliaschick

Rinkside
Sandhu is the best in that he has the most talent imo. He just needs consistency! But he's still the best :D

Callystarr

Rinkside

I think that Emanuel Sandhu is capable of more than Jeffrey Buttle. Emanuel has the ability to land very beautiful jumps along with difficult ones, but he just has inconsistency.

Emanuels jump technique is by far superior to all of the canadian skaters that I have seen, when he lands it, his 3axel is gorgeous, back positions etc...Jeffrey Buttle technique in his quad and 3axel could be very much improved...

Presentation wise, I like the "out on a limb" approach that Sandhu takes when he skates to music that is a bit far fetched for amatuer skating.

If all were to be just on one day, and put together 2 solid programs, Sandhu is the best....but i like both Sandhu/Buttle.

dfj

On the Ice
With question, Eman Sandhu. The best? Yes. The most consistent? No.

Everything is beautiful - jumps, spins, line, extension, edges, footwork - everything.

Jeff's terrific, but those "lurchy" entrances into his jumps make me shiver.

floskate

On the Ice
Oh God too tough! I love Jeffs skating but I can see why Eman would be better. However in the long run I see Shawn Sawyer as having the potential to be better than all of them. He has a great gift and I just hope he can consistently nail the jumps to back it up! His Junior Worlds lp was awesome!! :love: